Today is a weird day for me.
Obviously something amazing is happening at parenting BY dummies.
Wordful Wednesday has found a semi-permanent new home!
Thanks to my dear, sweet, extremely generous friend, Angie (you know, 7 Clown Circus Angie), it has been relocated to my happy little blog to live out the rest of its existence in chaos and over zealous usage of exclamatory punctuation (and she didn’t even make me buy it)!!!
Because my acceptance of this inspiring meme had one itty-bitty caveat attached to it; not by it’s original owner, but by yours truly instead: Should Angie ever wish to reinstate Wordful Wednesday on her own blog, all she has to do is hint around at it remotely ask and it’s hers.
I just love her that much. I would rather have her rejoin the blogosphere in all of her previously awesome glory than to have this unmentionably popular meme all to myself.
I mean, don’t get me wrong.
I’m as happy as a stuffed clam.
Because she chose me.
She could have chosen anybody.
But she didn’t.
She chose me!
Probably it’s the 42 months of stalking her by loading and reloading her blog each Tuesday evening, hundreds of times, in hope of being the first link to post.
Or, it’s the emails. Or the Tweets. Or the phone calls text messages begging her to love me pick me.
But it was something.
Something that convinced her I’d do a good job (clearly it’s not my work ethic). Something that convinced her I was worthy of carrying on her legacy (perhaps my girlish charm? My boyish good looks?). Something that made her think I’d rock (these veins bleed awesome, they really do).
Something that I hope all of you will see too so that you will continue to participate now that Wordful Wednesday has left the Circus and entered the Casa.
If not for me, then for Angie.
Because we want her to go back to school. Or take long naps. Or sit by her pool wearing pretty jewelry, and drinking mojitos happily.
Without plotting to have me assassinated for ruining her once respected creation.
But, I know, change is hard.
And, probably, you’re not convinced. Maybe you’re suspicious of me and my Wordful Wednesday hosting capabilities.
It takes time to accept someone new into your life.
And I get that. I do.
Just give me a chance to win you over, kay?!
With a list?! Everyone likes lists, right?!
Top 5 Reasons Dumb Mom Will Host Good Well Awesomely*
1. I take good pictures. Or my kids are just super cute. Either way, you can rest assured that every week will feature at least one, if not more stunning photos such as this…
NO! No! Not that! This…
Ugh. Okay, you know what, you’re just gonna have to take my word for it. I am skilled in taking good photos, I just can’t seem to do so when my own children are involved.
2. I say funny stuff. Sometimes I even makes up my own words because I/m a mother-effing gangsta vocabularist not that creative vocabularily.
3. I’m sensitive. And, if you don’t link up I will cry. Like a baby. And then, I will blog about it. And that would be awkward and uncomfortable and downright embarrassing for everyone.
4. I will read your blog. Not always. But certainly sometimes. And when I find super rad blogs written by other people I like to tell the world about it. By Tweeting and BList-ing and other world-notifying type stuff I do.
5. Angie said. Seriously. She said you have to like me and link up to me and make this meme live on infamy or whatever the more positive version of that would be (darn this lack of vocabulary creativity). After all she’s done for you, for me, for us, we don’t want to fail her now. Or piss her off. I hear she’s a tiger when she’s pissed. And, frankly, the thought scares me.
So link up. And use my Seven Clown Circus inspired button (the clown noses are pretty cool, eh?!).
Today and every Wednesday.
Forever and ever.
*I swear there are at least 5 good reasons not to let Wordful Wednesday die. I realize that these may not be them, but they’re out there. I just know it!