Holly is red, trees are green.
The holiday season,
is on the scene.
The lights are strung,
the kids are ecstatic.
All the decor is,
down from the attic.
The last thing to do
is the holiday pic.
And it has to be perfect
or else you’ll be sick!
But, the kids won’t listen,
& the dog just puked.
You might have snapped one,
you’re sure is a fluke.
But it’s perfect, by golly!
All smiles are bright!
So it’s going on the cards,
you’ll address them tonight!
But before you do
share your holiday scene,
to win some cash from Invisalign Teen!
That’s right peeps!
The holiday photo contest you’ve been waiting for (well, actually it’s not that one, it’s a different one, but still) is FINALLY here!
And, in a last ditch effort to up the awesome around here before we kiss 2010 buh-bye, Dumb Mom has secured a sponsor for this year’s holiday photo contest!
They are professional smile lovers like myself so it just fits.
And, because they love smiles (possibly even more than I do) so, so much, they want you to share the smiles that make your holiday season brighter with them, with me, with the world!
One lucky reader will win a $250 Amazon gift code for doing just that (and a runner-up will get $100 too)!
In time for CHRISTMAS!
Can I get a woot?!
Seriously, I need a woot! As much as I hate that pop phrase, I just think this situation requires one, badly.
So, how do you get in on this holiday awesome?
Just write a blog post featuring the smiles that make your holidays brighter and link it to me here!
It can be a photo of your kid, your mom, or your peg legged granny dog.
Any smile that you love to love this holiday season qualifies.
I probably won’t fully appreciate the beauty of your drunken, smiling, toothless uncle pirate, but you know, if that’s what floats your boat (get it? He’s a pirate? Floats your boat?! HA!) then, by all means, enter a picture of your snaggle-toothed-uncle-pirate-dude.
The sponsor will be glad you did and I will pretend to be too!
And, because I don’t want you to screw this opportunity up, I’m going to write you a Dumb Mom’s Guide to help you out. Let’s call it, Dumb Mom’s guide to NOT Screwing This Opportunity Up…
1. Write it. The post should feature one or more photos of smiles that brighten your holidays. The smiles don’t necessarily have to be human. As a matter of fact, dog smiles are encouraged because smiling dogs make Dumb Mom laugh out loud. Feel free to dress your photos up with words. I’m a blogger for crying out loud, I love a good story!
2. Disclose it. Because we want to make sure all of your friends know about this contest and your opportunity to win a good chunk of cash from Invisalign Teen, we want to make sure you tell them all about it. So, to be entered, your post must include the following (but feel free to make it all itty bitty at the bottom if you want): “I am participating in the Invisalign Teen Bright Smiles Holiday Photo Contest with Dumb Mom.” Feel free to ad lib it a bit, we appreciate creativity so long as you say exactly what I told you to! And, so long as you link back to this page, You know, so people can find it and get all happy over all of the lovely smiles I’m collecting!
3. Link it. To me of course. Anytime between now (11/30/10) and Wednesday 12/15/10. And, if you need me to explain how to do that too bad, I don’t give tutorials leave a comment expressing your confusion and I will track you down and school you, yo.
The winner will be selected by a panel me (with a little itty bitty help from Invisalign Teen smile lovers) based on awesomeness (aka the one we all decide we like the most). So, naturally, the more creative and over all awesome your post the better.
The Sponsor** appreciates awesome almost just as much as I do, so make it good!
Now, hurry off and snap some smiles, you only have like 15 more days to capture the perfect shot!
And, don’t worry about remembering to enter before the deadline, I will remind you. Over, and over, and over again!
Still not sure who Invisalign Teen even is?!
Here’s some info to get you in the know:
Teens now have a modern choice for straightening their teeth. No more wires and brackets required – Invisalign Teen is the clear alternative to metal braces, a series of removable and virtually invisible aligners that gradually move teeth over time to help your teen achieve a great smile and proper bite. It was developed with leading orthodontists who understand the unique treatment and compliance needs of teens as well as their active lifestyles. Invisalign Teen treatment is ideal for busy parents because there are never any emergency appointments from broken wires or brackets. And you spend less time at the orthodontist’s office, with fewer appointments and less chair time for uncomfortable tightenings.
There are many benefits to Invisalign Teen treatment for teens as well:
- It gives teens a great smile—Invisalign Teen helps your teen feel confident in their smile and themselves.
- It fits teens’ busy lives—the aligners are comfortable and durable, so it’s easy for teens to continue their favorite activities such as sports and musical instruments that can be challenging or uncomfortable with traditional metal braces.
- It’s clear—no metal braces so treatment is inconspicuous, making it easier for teens to “fit in” rather than call attention to their treatment.
- It’s removable—teens take the aligners out to brush and floss so they can maintain normal, healthy hygiene during treatment and they can eat what they want.
- It’s comfortable—Invisalign Teen aligners are made of lightweight plastic that is custom-fitted to each patient’s teeth, there are no wires or uncomfortable metal brackets poking or tearing their mouths or gums.
Just ask me. Or head over to the Invisalign Facebook page to get in the know!
*All supercalafragilistic official sounding rules for you: To be eligible blog posts must include at least one photo along with the disclaimer language and the hyperlink provided. The Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner based on the criteria they see fit and asks that all linked post be family friendly. Posts must be linked to this post by 12/15/2010 at midnight Eastern Standard time. Winner will be announced on Saturday, December 18,2010.
**The sponsor is Invisalign Teen, No one else loves smiles the way they do. Except for me of course!