Yep, we’re still talking about the whole What NOT to Wear business.
Wanna throw up on your feet yet? Sorry, I swear I don’t intend to beat you over the head with it much longer, I just don’t want to neglect the people who care. For those select few of you who are desperate to get back into the Dumb routine, we’ll be back to our regularly scheduled Dumb Mom’s Guide tomorrow.
It’s just that I’ve had so many questions about being on What NOT to Wear, and if I’ve kept up my post makeover look, and if Stacy and Clinton are nice, and if Ted is a magical hair fairy godfather, and where I got my bag, or my shoes, or my whatever.
I’d like to say that I can answer each of your beautifully touching comments individually, but my family, and my job, and my raging cupcake habit just keep getting in the way of that.
So, I think it’s best to just answer them all here at once.
Does that mean you can’t ask me more questions later?
yeah that’s what it means, this clothes horse needs to die already of course not! I will answer until I’m blue in the face which, considering my current shade of chocolaty bar brownness, that’s not even about to happen!
But, hopefully I’m able to cover mostly everything today.
If not, feel free to shoot me a Tweet or
hit me on the hip (totally kidding, I just like to say that to reminisce on my big baller pager carrying days) leave a comment here and I’ll gladly email you right back after my nap and my cupcake and my Bachelor Brad fest ASAP!
So, let’s begin by answering the number one question I’ve gotten more than any other: Is there a place to watch it online?
The answer is no. At least not to my knowledge. You can watch clips of it on the TLC website, but not the entire thing.
But, hope is not lost, because when I get my DVD of the show I will send it to anyone who wants a copy.
Because I’m awesome like that.
I really just am.
Now, moving right along…
Shopping/Hair/Makeup Related Questions
1. From Danielle @ Where in the World is Danielle?: “Where did you get that one pink/flowery shirt?”
I wish I could tell you definitively, but I can’t remember for certain. I think it came from Madewell. But, if not, it came from Macy’s. The brand is, if that helps at all.
2. From Cindy @ Milk Tea & Polkadots: “Doesn’t Carmindy work miracles?”
Why yes. Yes she does. As evidence by the porcelain-y, pretty-much-flawless look of my face following the transformation. And it was so fast and easy to accomplish!
3. From Julie on Facebook: “What brand/style were the dark wash jeans you were wearing in the 3rd outfit at the end?”
They were Joe’s Jeans. The Provocateur style. I love them so bad.
4. Also have had a number of people ask about my chocolaty goodness dress.
We got it from Precision and the brand is Theme. You can search their website for awesomeness, although I was unable to locate that exact dress.
5. Can’t remember who asked and too lazy to look to quote directly: Do you shop for handbags also? Because they aren’t on the final shopping list.
Yes! Stacy actually picked out this one from Precision…
It cost me $148.00 smackers.
The one I carry pretty much everyday as well as the sparkly gown-up-time clutch came from Aldo. I don’t recall how much they were.
6. Dress most inquired about both here and on the post I wrote for TLC…
I found it for you! It’s a BCBG Max Azria dress and you can get it from Zappos on sale for $103! The shoes are Coach if you care.
7. From Jannica on Facebook: “Can you buy bras and undies with the card?”
The moment I arrived in NYC they took me straight to Intimacy for a bra fitting! And Spanx. Can’t looks sleek and sexy without Spanx!
Cast Related Questions
1. From B @ Little Grovers: “Is Ted awesome?”
You bet your pink button-up dress shirt he is! He was as genuine and sweet in real life as he appears on the show. I loved that he was really interested in coming up with a manageable but fab look for me. He knew I would be unhappy with a mini afro that required a ton of upkeep and he knew that if he went for the dramatic redo I would wind up back home in a bun in no time flat. I have worn my hair down everyday since I taped the show in December and that’s because it’s easy and fast and I friggin’ LOVE it!
Filming Related Questions
1. From Elizabeth @ Table for Five: “Is it really as hard to spend that $5,000 as the show makes it seem?”
Yeah, no. I mean only in that you have to do it in two days. But other than that, not really. I actually used to be a bit of a shopaholic, I was just suppressing the gene for so long that I forgot. Woke that bad boy right back up though!
2. Random question I can’t recall who asked you’re just gonna have to trust me: “How much time did you spend with Stacy & Clinton?”
Quite a bit actually. Filming is a lot of work and it takes a bunch of time for the crew to do random things I still don’t really understand entirely, so we spent the better part of two full days together. They are really quite normal for insanely beautiful people who are rolling in dough.
3. From Jodi on Facebook: “Do they give you the makeup?”
4. From Wendy on Facebook: “How long do you spend actually shopping? Do the producers tell you to cay certain things (scripted)? Are the clothes altered/fitted for you? Do they really get rid of your wardrobe?”
Long. We shop for the better part of two full days and it takes forever and we go to a ton of stores and at the end of the day you are EXHAUSTED. They never tell you to say anything. They ask you questions (you don’t hear what they ask), but my answers are my own and I didn’t have a clue what they were gonna ask in advance. The clothing is tailored if necessary. And, yes, old clothes are Audio 5000 G!
Post Show Related Questions
1. From Denise @ Run DMT: “…are you sporting this look every day or what? Are people stopping you on the streets asking for your autograph?”
Um, no. Not everyday. There are still a number of days I don’t go out of my house. Something about being allergic to freezing my butt off! But when I go out, yes, I dress nicely everyday because they took most of my clothing and I really just don’t have any other sensible options! I mean, they left my jammies, but even I know that’s not cool! And thankfully no one asks for my autograph, but a few kids have been really excited to meet me. Which is sweet and creepy all at the same time.
2. From Evonne @ All You Need is Love: “Having gone through the whole process, would you do it again?”
Hell-to-the-yeah!You betcha. It was fun and educational and, um, fun!
3. From Kelly on Facebook: “Can you REALLY wear their idea of “Mom-On-the-Go” in real life?”
Yes and no. I still change my clothing when I come home to cook dinner and I don’t put on heels or accent rings when I’m just going to the bus stop. But, what they also didn’t focus on, is that they do let you buy “mom clothes”. I got jeans and tank tops and zippered jackets that I wear to the park and mommy group and all of the other kid related places I go. They just don’t focus on that as much in the final episode.
4. From Courtney @ TBO.com: “Is it hard to keep up or do you still follow the “rules” while shopping?”
Not hard at all. But, I do buy less impulse stuff and I really think about what I’m looking for before I head to the store. The rules are always in the back of my mind.
Random What-Are-You-Crazy? Related Questions
1. From Kristina V.: “Was any of it real? Did you enjoy your experience?”
Yes. And, yes. It was all real, just condensed. They collected two weeks of secret footage on me prior to my trip to NYC and then I taped every day for a full week while in NYC and back home in my hometown all for the creation of a 45 minute show. So yeah, it was all real, you just don’t get the benefit of seeing every single moment of it. And, I more than enjoyed my experience. It change my life for the better and I could not be more grateful.
2. From msumissa: “Um, Can I have your cheek bones?”
Um, no. I think I need my cheekbones to eat cupcakes so I’m gonna have to keep ‘em!
3. Because she asked so many questions, Jennifer @ Chaos Wrapped in Chocolate Covered Grins, made it into the crazy question category! I loves ya girl so here you go: How tall is Stacy? Do they whisk you off to NYC the same day they ambush you or do you have time to prepare? Are you truly surprised and ambushed or do you have some idea of what is going on because people are all sneaky and suspicious?
Stacy is 5’7. I got ambushed at the beginning of November. I went to NYC on 11/28, so I had time to
freak the freak outprepare. I didn’t know what was going on but I was really mad at all of my friends and family for a while because they were stalking me and I was getting sick of being asked to go places and do things. I’m an antisocial homebody in the winter months and I like it that way.
4. From Yuliya @ She Suggests: “Now that you have connections, can you get me on a show? It doesn’t have to be this show…I’ll settle for anything…toddlers and tiaras? Jersey Shore? Hoarders?”
I wish, but no. Totally would if I could though!
Have additional questions you’re dying to know? Leave them in the comments section and I will answer them individually for you!