Before we jump into this month’s BList, we have some serious business to attend to…
After much deliberation and official sweetness measuring, the panel of Awesome People Who Like to Judge Things has finally picked a winner!
And a runner up.
It was a tough, tough job.
A fight broke out. There may have been blood. I lie so bad.
There were 5 amazing finalists all filled to bursting with sweetness, but only one person could be victorious and be named the winner of the first
and quite possibly last My SWEETEST Thing Photo Contest…
With her cupcake and all.
I have to admit that it was a close, CLOSE, race and we even had to have a vote off to choose our winner.
So, thank you kindly to all of the amazing photo taking mamas that entered their SWEET babies, and to everyone who voted, but she’s getting the cupcakes.
Better luck next time.
Also not walking away empty handed is…
Who will have to ask her mama to bake her some cupcakes when her copy of Southern Living’s Big Book of Cupcakes arrives in the mail sometime next week!
What? I’m sending it book rate. Dumb Mom’s not exactly rollin’ in dough over here!
But, what I am rolling in today is photo taking awesomeness!
You guys all know how nutty I get about great photos.
I stalk photo blogs religiously and often find myself sitting in front of the computer plotting secret ways to get them to notice me.
Okay, I’m totally lying.
It’s no secret that the BList is my way to get people to notice me.
But, I do want to share all my blog-tographer crushes with you guys so you can get all inspired in your own photography.
Or just stalk them too.
BList of Blog Awesome Chicks Who Know Their Way Around a Camera*
1. Project Alicia. Written and photographed by a mom in Iowa whose weekly photos blow the socks right off these chubby feet of mine. Seriously stunning captures of the lifestyle sort with the occasional nature-y type thing thrown in for fun.
2. The Paper Mama. Quirky-cute-funness designed to make smiles. Tons of photos of her cute-as-a-ladybug little girl child. And shoes. Photos. Of. Shoes!
3. Mom Tog. Fresh, fun, photos. Of her kids. Other people’s kids. Furry kids. And more. Also she does a good job of sharing stuff pro-photogs love. Like deliciously functional camera bags. But, she does an even better job of sharing stuff unProfessionals do too!
4. Buckeroo Mama. An overseas love of mine who lives in Hong Kong where she captures amazingly vibrant photos and shares them with us each week in Wordful Wednesday. I don’t think I’ve missed stopping by her blog on a Wednesday since I found Angie and her fantastic meme. I’m not sure what I love more about her; the pics of her kids or the pics from her country?!
5. Dreawood. Back when my photography business was nothing more than a silly little dream, I was busy stalking this lady’s snaps on Flickr. I was inspired by her ability to capture heart and feeling and beauty in such a fresh and naturally lit way. How cool is it that we’ve now become blog buddies too?! Um, very!
6. Life with Kaishon. One of the first photo bloggers I got to
stalk know when I joined the momma blogosphere. She has a way with interweaving words between and among her photos that bring them to life in a way I can’t even begin to emulate.
7. Seeking Equipoise. I’m not into taking nature photos myself, but dangit if I don’t love looking at hers!
8. ThePigBear. I just love the way she captures her family. One day, when they look back, they will be happy that their mama chronicled their existence so perfectly. I doubt they will hate her for it one bit. The Dudes on the other hand may have some, um, concerns…
9. Baked Bree. I think I go to her blog a few times a week just to drool. It gets all over my hands. On my counter. Even makes a little see-through-ish puddle on my shirt. Yeah, I have a problem and her delicious food-tography is NOT helping. Equally exciting and impressive? Her personal family themed blog: Bree Hester: A Journal in Words and Images.
10. Captured By Erin. Superb. I want to be her real life neighbor so I can get her to take photos of me all dressed up pretty in pink frilly skirts, and polka-dotted tights and stuff. It helps that her girls are adorable,girly girls, but I have a feeling she could even work her photo magic on my Dudes. Minus the frilly stuff of course!
The lovely ladies judging this photo contest of ours who are pretty special when it comes to working their photo magic too.
Here are a few of my faves from our judges…
And, in case you love all over photo meme’s like the super-cala-fantastilicious WORDFUL WEDNESDAY that I host with Angie, here are a few other places that are in on the photo linky fun too:
- Macro Monday at Lisa’s Chaos
- Sweet Shot Tuesday at Life with My 3 Boybarians
- I Learned (Thursday) at Click it Up a Notch
- Photostory Friday at My Chaos, My Bliss
- InstaFriday at Life Rearranged
- Saturday Snapshot with Yellow Songbird
- Sunday Snapshot at Ni Hao Y’all
Know a photo blog you think I should see (even if it’s your own!)? Link it in your comments so I can stop by!
*Just so you don’t feel all intimidated and stuff, these people are not professional photographers. Well, some of them are, but I didn’t pick them because of their professional portfolios. I picked them because they are people whose photos I like for their creativity and ability to capture special moments in a touching and/or unique fashion. These are not blogs dedicated to showcasing client photography or promoting photography businesses. I intentionally selected blogs that I love because their photography enhances them, not dominates them. They share life-tography in a way that depicts the true essence of their family’s daily living and that’ what makes them BList-able! Enjoy!