In an effort to not annoy you completely and inundate the web with posts of drunk moms dancing the Cupid Shuffle about the largest female blogging conference on the planet, I’ve decided to present you with a new BList!
I know, right?!
Way better than gorgeous photos of me looking all Mom Awesome in San Diego. I will spare you until Wednesday at least the torture of that and instead share with you some of the amazing ladies (and one super cool dude with a good cause and an even better Mohawk) I encountered while not attending sessions experiencing the amazing event.
Of course I enjoyed meeting a ton of my blogging besties, but I also took time to meet new people.
That’s what these things are partly about, right?
Making connections. Strengthening relationships. Growing your network. Proving that you’re keeping up your What NOT to Wear fashion. And stuff.
So yeah. While I’m in Disney giving all my hard earned cash to a mouse who lives in a castle (am I the only one who has an issue with that? Why does a mouse need a castle?), you can get to know a few of my favorite new blogs to enjoy…
BlogHer BList: 10 New Bloggers I Met and Liked
1. Twenty Five Design. The only pretty things I’ve ever made are The Dudes. I have ten thumbs on hairy man hands and they simply do not cooperate when I tell them to be gentle and steady and still and girly so I can concentrate on making something awesome. But this chick? She rocks the pretty hand made world and I saw her work in person. It’s as pretty (or prettier even) in life as it is on the blog. And, she’s quite the looker too if I do say so myself.
2. She Suggests. I’m always making suggestions for you guys. So here’s another one: go check out She Suggests. She has more suggestions about more stuff than I do. And also, she has the cutest little sugar booger I’ve seen since I saw mine last Wednesday.
3. The Right Hand Mom. Know what me and this awesome mama have in common? We’re both right handed. Other than that, she is busy blowing my shiz outta the blogging water. Totally cool though because she was super nice in person and she loves me. No, she didn’t actually say that. But, she totally smiled at me when she handed me her card, so I’m pretty sure she wants me. To like her. Pretty. Sure.
4. Rock on Mommies. Okay people, apparently I have a thing for hot mamas because here’s another one. Easy on the eyes with a sweet personality that makes her easy to love even if you do want to hate her a little ‘cause she’s so dang perfecto the moment you meet them. And, her blog is good too so, added bonus!
5. Lela Davidson. Has a blog and a book: Blacklisted from the PTA. Sounds like something anyone who kicks it with Dumb Mom should probably think about peeping out. I’ve not had the pleasure to read the book yet, but I did meet her (and her rockin’ legs in her adorable skirt) and she was so, so sweet! Her blog is actually informative unlike this one with actual tips about how to capitalize on social media for good or evil and stuff.
6. The Mama Mary Show. Her cards by themselves were enough to make me check out her online home, but meeting her in person is what really earned her a happy little spot on the BList. And her videos. Good God man those things are awesome. So, very awesome. And, not just because her husband can rap his face off. I aspire to one day rock an iVoices video that hard. A girl can wish, right?!
7. Mommy Gaga. I want loved her hair. And her personality. And the fact that she was hitting up BlogHer with her stunt double twin sister. My blogging bestie and I shared a table with her and her sister at a little Mom Select get together we were at. It was actually one of the most normal conversations I had the entire time I was in the city by the sea (no, that’s not their official motto, it’s just what I like to call it). No one trying to be more awesome than anyone else (because clearly I was busy deluding myself into thinking that we were equally awesome), just hanging out and grubbing on some shrimp quesadillas. Like normal people that are really, really cool.
8. Love Drop. Anyone at the conference can testify to the awesomeness of J.Money. From his super cool Mohawk to his infectious smile, he was someone everyone enjoyed meeting. Add to that fact that he is proud co-founder of an amazing company that provides a wonderful philanthropic service, and seriously, you’ve got one cool dude with a big heart. I urge you to go check out his website and see how he and his team drop love on people in need. You won’t be sorry!
9. Jenny on the Spot. Fun, fun, sexy-haired-maxi-dress-wearing-woman-of-fun is what she is. I’m so happy I got to lay eyes on her person this weekend because seriously, she has more energy in her pinky finger than I have coursing all the way through my one hundred and twenty pound upper body. Positively inspiring. That’s what she is. It was cool to be able to meet a fellow iVoices vlogger, even if it did just remind me why I shoot and re-shoot my videos to perfection 75 times before turning them in. With awesomeness like her to compete with I’m gonna have to bring my A-game. Mostly I get by with my B-game, but I’m working on it. Promise.
10. Mommy of a Monster. What? She had twins? Dude I desperately need to read blogs more often! See what I get for living on Twitter and Facebook and stuff? I blame my desire to sleep more The Dudes and their needy, needy ways. Hopefully she will forgive me now that I’ve put her on the BList and told all of you how nice, and pretty, and funny, and nice, and so, super pretty she is.
Did you enjoy BlogHer this past week? Who did you love meeting most?
Still kicking yourself for not going? Well, stop it already, it wasn’t that fantastic. Feel free to share your turned-into-real-life-friend bloggy besties below so I can go meet them too!