Had to miss a week of fashion awesomeness because I was in Charolotte, North Carolina getting
my dance on new material to share with all of you Mom Awesome Formerly Frumpistas!
Because it not only gives you a chance to be featured on pBd, but it also gives me a chance to show all of you
more ridiculous photos of myself that kicking the frumpy is easy and fun! And, moms everywhere manage to do it on a daily basis!
Welcome to: Chic on the Street!
Real moms, wearing real clothing, to real places: the park, the soccer field, the forest surrounding the soccer field where your kid likes to pee because the outhouse is so hot and nasty it makes him sweat his undies soggy and gag uncontrollably.
I’ve talked to people about my What NOT to Wear experience until I’m blue in the face. And, the one question I get more than any other is:
Are you still friends with the person who nominated you? But did they buy you any real clothes?
And the answer is a resounding YES!
But, not only did they buy me real clothing that I could afford at home
when having a particularly fruitful work year, they also taught me how to find styles that look good on my body even though I pretty much do all of my shopping at Target, Ross, Marshall’s, and H&M.
Take this look for example (please ignore my purposefully-nonchalant-but-really-just-awkward pose). Nothing featured here was purchase by the What NOT to Wear people…
And nothing purchased, from the shoes to adorable necklace cost more than $50. And the whole thing, didn’t set me back more than $100!
I kid you not. The dress was $5.99! Not a typo. Five dollars and ninety-nine cents from Ross. The jacket was under $20 from H&M and the necklace…
Which I am all kinds of in love with, cost me $6 at the thrift shop!
The. Thrift. Shop, yo! I strongly urge you to visit one. It’s not the polyester covered, granny-hoarder paradise, little shop of horrors I always imagined it to be!
I fully intend to stalk this place until I bring home all of their little pretties.
I can’t link you to all of my favorite things at my favorite thrift store, but I can point you to a few good fashion steals you can pick up to up the awesome of your current wardrobe.
5 Affordable Fashion Finds to Snag This Week
1. Foldover Clutches. I found this one on my favorite new site, Uncovet. It’s awesome. They find the most adorable stuff. And I look at it daily. Because you never know when you’re going to happen across a canvas foldover clutch that makes your heart sing!
2. Leather cuffs. These are a handmade step up from the ones you may have rocked in your high school rebel days. I missed that life phase entirely, so this is the best I can do.
3. Colorful light weight scarves. Because they dress up a white tank top and a flowy skirt and sandals so effortlessly.
4. Cute sandals. Because I don’t think I can write a fashion post and NOT mention shoes. Plus, I think everyone needs a cute pair of beach to blogging conference flip flops.
5. An oversized bag. For stuffing your pool junk into. Or your kids.
Found a summer steal you think I should know about?
Or want to share a photo of your Chic on the Street look with us?!
Just leave a comment and I’ll stalk you down (which is code for send you an email; don’t get creepy on my people!).