School is back in session, fall Fashion Week is next week and, despite the fact that it’s still in the mid 80s here, fall is really upon us.
So, we should probably think about being prepared.
You know, stylistically. And, um, beauty-ifcally. At least.
I don’t mind helping. Because I enjoy sharing things I love with y’all almost as much as I love a chocolate-on-chocolate cupcake.
Total lie. But, I do like doing it. Scouring the web for cool things
to buy myself to share with you, is one of my favorite ways to spend and evening.
Ask Dumb Dad, he’ll tell you!
Ready? Okay! Sorry, I’ve been at football practice all week and the sounds of the enthusiastic cheerleaders practicing in the background is making me relive my cheer days. The Dudes, Dumb Dad, and Dumb Dog would probably survive happily if they never had to see me do our version of Be Aggressive! again. Ever.
But, enough about me…
15 Fall Fashion & Beauty Must Haves Every Mom, Um, Must Have
1. A cool pair of leather boots. These are almost exactly the same pair that I own and, you should know that I love so much I’d sleep in them if I could. Got them from Aldo during What NOT to Wear. Pretty much haven’t stopped rockin’ them since!
2. A classic button-up shirt. I prefer these from Foxcroft. They fit women with real bodies (aka a size 10 won’t squeeze your biceps and pucker at your gut) and, are you ready for this? They are wrinkle free! Yes! I don’t even have to like wear them once and then *cough* get my mom to iron them *cough*. And, I love the quality material and the fact that they go with EVERYHTING. They can be worn with jeans, or slacks, or skirts. Tuck them in (I NEVER do this), leave them out (yeah, that’s what I’m talking about). Put a shirt under them and leave them unbuttoned. Seriously, they are so versatile you kinda can’t go wrong with one (or 3) of them. (Want to buy one? I’ve got an exclusive, 20% off discount code for you: PBD20OFF)
3. A fun, colorful blazer. Know what I love most about fall and cooler weather: arm coverage and layering. A funky colored blazer with a sleek cut can add exactly what I need (coverage) and want (awesomeness) in an outfit.
4. A statement tote. Add a little fun to your weekend travel with a cool bag. I hate to admit it, but I actually love a bunch of Jessica Simpson products. That girl may not know a thing about tuna, but she’s got fashion in the bag!
5. A pretty hair accessory. I rarely dress my hair up with accessories. It’s just sort of an accessory itself with its overall, um, bigness. But, I loved this and thought, maybe I’d risk getting something stuck in my hair if it were this adorable!
6. Great jeans. I love Madewell jeans. Love, love, love. Every stylin’ mama needs at least one, I-know-I’m-fly pair of jeans. So, find the pair that makes your butt happy and rock them!
7. Hair happiness. This is what I’m digging for curly girls at the moment: Ouidad. It works. Makes things all kinds of soft and bouncy and free, but not so free you look insane. Just fun and young and stuff. Find something your hair can get down with before the harsh winter weather sets in.
8. A chunky sweater. That doesn’t actually make you look chunky. It’s a thin line, friends. Try not to cross it.
9. A colorful scarf. Because they’re pretty. That is all.
10. A multipurpose handbag. Sure, the statement bags that are hot right now are, totally, um, hot. But, how many times can you really carry that peacock feathered purse to Red Robin before it gets ruined by a mishap with a glass of freckled lemonade? Not many. Get something sturdy. That can stand up to a spilled drink and still be stylish. And, if you’re feeling bold, get the peacock jobby too and save it for the date nights your husband is gonna take you on or so help him.
11. Fancy pants. They’re fun. They’re in. And, you can snag them for a pretty decent price at places like H&M so it won’t really matter if you only have the
balls confidence to wear them once.
12/13. A good skin care regimen. I discovered Mama Mio at BlogHer this year. I use it daily. And, while I probably look the same as I did before I started using it, I actually feel all fresh and glowy and stuff. That’s what matters (although looking all glowy would be nice too). I actually get excited about washing my face at night.
14. A bad girl biker jacket. You know I’m bad, I’m bad, I’m really, really bad! Shamon.
15. Fun nail art. I’ve shared my love of fancy nails with you before. Not going anywhere. These things just make my life too easy. I like using Nail Dress on my toes (it stays on longer), and the imPress on my hands (they are sturdier for those of us manhandling kiddos all the time).
Want to score some of this awesome for yourself?
How about some giveaways!
I’d love to gift one luck reader with a skin care set courtesy of Mama Mio (including the Clean Slate Cleanser and the Mighty Moisture Day & Night Moisturizer) and a gift pack from Kiss USA (including Nail Dress and imPress for you to try).
Just leave a comment telling me your fashi0n must-have for fall and you’ll be entered (giveaway ends, Thursday, 9/6)!