The Dudes are huge fans of the graphic t-shirt.
They are fun, they are easy, and they have one for pretty much every occasion.
Know what I recently discovered?
Graphic shirts aren’t just for kids!
I know, where I have I been?!
Clearly not paying attention.
But, when I saw today’s featured mom at our football game this weekend, I had to take notice, because seriously. How cute is this tee…
Today’s featured football Dude Mom of two, is rocking a skull and awesome t-shirt from Zara.
I couldn’t find it online for you (she says it’s because it’s from Miami where stuff is just cuter), but I did throw together a few other graphic shirt type ideas that you can rock…
And, here are a few things to keep in mind when over 29 and rockin’ the graphic tee…
Graphic Tess for Grown-Ups Who Also Happen to be Awesome: 5 Tips
1. Don’t forget to pay attention to the words. Shirts with offensive statements are not cute on mom at Back-to-School-Night. Save the crass sayings for
never that grown up Halloween party you and the hubs like hitting up every year.
2. Don’t forget about fit. Sloppy isn’t cute, right (although I hear it’s making a come back, it’s still not gonna be cute on me)? Not even if Madonna is involved. Make sure your graphic tee fits well. It will make you look more Material Girl and less Like a
40 Year Old Virgin.
3. Do check grown up stores. Even the grown lady shops you’ve come to love are getting on the graphic shirt band wagon. The featured sweater above is from J. Crew and I’ve also found adorably adorned options at Express and New York and Company. You don’t have to hit up the local Forever 21 with the blaring music and the fussy 15 year olds who make you hate your barely-there crows feet to shop this look (although you can if you want, they have plenty).
4. Do try throw back shirts. Because seriously, every one in their
20s 30s spent a little time loving on Jem and the Holograms. Please note: I have not found a fashionably sensible Jem shirt to rock yet, it was just an example.
5. Do have fun! Fashion should be fun. It’s not all about severe lines and strange hair styles. Even if you have one of those office jobs I keep hearing about, you can add little elements of awesome to your look. Consider slipping a graphic tee with a little sparkle under your blazer for a fun Friday look. Unless your boss would freak and fire you, and then, forget I said anything.
So are you down for rockin’ the graphic tee look this year? Or is this going the way of the leather shorts for some of you?!