Halloween is less than a week away and I have to admit, my lack of preparation for the date is WAY spookier than anything I’m likely to see on that night.
Those of you that are familiar with the pBd Halloween traditions know that, where we come from, Halloween is sort of a big deal.
Not because we love the holiday all that much, just because we have this party.
For our neighborhood.
Every year for the past 5 straight.
It’s expected. It’s anticipated. It’s tradition. I don’t know about you, but I don’t mess with traditions.
Plus? I love it. I really, really do.
I just don’t love cleaning my house. Or coming up with knock-your-socks-off décor. And yummy treats that make people want to hi-five me with their bellies.
I like all of those things to happen, because I love people to um, love me. I just don’t like being in charge of the behind the scenes ugly of actually making things happen.
I need a party fairy. Who is free and also amazing. One that will do all of the work and leave me all of the glory.
Know where I can get one of those?
Yeah, me neither.
But, I do know a thing or two about fantastic costumes for kids. The kind that will maybe make your kids hate you a little, but will simultaneously make all of your non-judgy mom and dad friends fist bump you for being so cool.
4 Halloween Costumes Your Kids Won’t Have the Sense to Appreciate For Awesome Kids
1. A shirtless werewolf or a sparkly vampire. None of The Dudes could pull off an Edwardian vamp, but a shirtless werewolf with a chip on his shoulder? Oh, we’ve so got this…
My kids are actually huge Twihards thanks to my undying devotion as a 29-ish year old fangirl. The even play Twilight with the girls on our street and fight over who gets to be Edward and who has to be Jacob. Everyone appreciates glitter!
2. An indie rocker. When #3 informed me that he was gonna be a rockstar when he grew up, I have a sneaking suspicion that he maybe meant the other kind. You know, with the latex pants and the leather jackets (What? We sorta have a thing for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and old school Guns and Roses). But, this kind is just so him…
3. A nerd. With the high waters, and the glasses, and the finger in the nose?! Okay, so the nose picking part is optional.
4. Napoleon Dynamite. With sweet jumps and a pocket full of tots preferably.
5. Just let them be whatever the heck THEY want. In our case, that’s two dead things and an extraterrestrial.
Want to peep even more of our ideas? These and a few other of our Halloween ideas are being featured on the Ouidad Blog today!
*pBd Admits It’s Free: The Toyota Camry is a loaner courtesy of my participation in the TWIN (Toyota Women’s Influencer Network). It will be here for Halloween and it might be wearing a costume. We’ll have to see about that! Everything else was handmade or bought with my one cheese in case you were wondering.