Remember when you were little, and the Sears holiday catalog would come in the mail?
I’d anxiously wait for my mom to be finished looking at her shoulder-padded blazers and stuff so that she’d hand it over to me so I could climb up on my daybed with my pink marker and circle all of the wonderful toys I dreamed the big guy would bring me.
The Barbie Dream House. Barbie’s Corvette. A Cabbage Patch Kid. Teddy Ruxpin. Those were the days/
Well, it’s that time of year again. Minus the printed catalog for kids to swoon over (do they even make it anymore?).
Before you know it, the homie Santa will be making an appearance for all the good boys and girls. And, since the elves are a little out of touch with what cool Dudes of 2012 are down with, I’m going to hook you up with some awesome gift ideas.
15 Holiday Gifts Awesome Dudes Will Love (good for ages 4-11, pretty much)
1. Blobimals. They’re just fun. And they don’t beep, flash, talk, chirp, sing, or require batteries of any sort to make them annoying. Sorta like Silly Putty con wild.
2. Look up in the sky it’s a bird, it’s a plane. Nope it’s Mary Jane ain’t a damn thing changed. Or a really cool boxed set of airplanes dudes have to use their imagination to make go. Plus it wraps up nicely so it’s easily portable and put-away-able too.
3. Because hanging up your hats and jackets and back packs and what not should be fun. And, like a safari, only with running water and air conditioning and no threat of being maimed by a wild animal. Animal coat hooks will do all of that for you.
4. Modify watches. Fun, awesome time pieces for people who are awesome. As hardcore, lifelong fans of America’s greatest baseball team (you actually can’t argue with me, because they won they world series, and it’s a fact), we love that they make special SF Giants inspired watches. I got three of them. I mean, Santa is bringing three of them. Two for my oldest Dudes and one for my nephew.
5. Skylander video game. I actually can’t stand these things. They are all over my TV room and the game is confusing. But. The Dudes? LOVE them. So, um, yeah.
6. iGuy iPad case. Cute, functional, and able to ward off mom screaming fits (brought on by my kids dropping their iPad all over the place) and sibling infighting (because it eliminates the it’s-my-turn-to-hold-it-he-held-it-last-time-sies).
7. iPieces for iPad. Pressman toys thinks of everything. When it comes to family gaming at least. Latest to make me say cool? Their iPieces games for the iPad. You can challenge your favorite human to air hockey, pool, and more and all you need is your iPad, the iPieces, and the app. The Dudes love them. They make iPad-ing more hands-on-ish, they allow you to more easily enjoy your iPad with a friend, and they have made road tripping less monotonous too.
8. For the mini-stargazer in your life: a telescope. I am scared to barfing of outer space, but #3 is down with it. He can even name all of the planets and give you spooky little facts about them too. I know nothing about telescopes, but this one is priced right and got decent reviews on Amazon.
9. For the
geek in training newbie Star Wars buff in the house: a Star Wars ABC board book. Just like those lame ones we’ve all seen before, just 100% awesomer.
10. Snap Circuits. #1 got this for his 10th birthday. I had no idea how much fun it would be for them. They spend hours snapping circuits together: no fighting, no whining, no need for me to be involved. SCORE.
11. Switch & Go Dinos. I wrote an in-depth review of this product. Bottom line? The four year old plays with it INDEPENDENTLY every day.
12. Zombies. They’re hip. They’re cool. And, if you get this paper craft zombie calendar you can have them in your house without fear of having your brain eaten.
13. SuperMe Hero Backpack. For heroes and heroines. Villains? Forgetaboutit.
14. WiiU. All the cool kids have them. Or will I guess when they are finally released later this month. #1 will be getting an Xbox. Because
I want a Kinect they’re cheaper and that’s what #1 asked for. It’s the ONLY thing he asked for.
15. Hot Wheels Wall Tracks. They drive you up the wall! Ahahahaha. Seriously, Bad jokes aside they look really fun. I checked them out this summer at BlogHer and have been planning to get some for
myself the two little dudes ever since.