It’s full on fall at this point and winter is becoming a looming reality daily.
So, what to wear?!
I am working up to a full blown coat, but in the meantime, I have done a few updates to my wardrobe to stretch it into the colder temps and stay on trend, or you know, somewhat on trend in the slightly-awkward-but-super-fun-to-hang-out-with mom category.
5 Easy to Incorporate Fall/Winter Wardrobe Updates to keep you warm and notably cool all at the same time
*Feel free to laugh at the awkward oozing from these photos. While it’s not intentional, it’s entirely unavoidable, and wholly embraced by the owner.
1. Colored tights. Seriously, I can NOT make it through fall without them. And, they can be so
useful during the beloved do-not-shave-regularly months much fun! Pick out a brightly colored pair, and a lace pair, and a bunch of other pairs too! My most versatile pair is a slate gray (grey? How do you even spell that word?!) pair that goes with basically every thing. But, these are my faves…
2. Leather. Particularly an I’m-bad-I’m-bad-I’m-really-really-bad jacket. I like how it casualizes (not a word, but it’s working for me) an outfit and also makes you look super hardcore. Like you will SO ram that minivan in front of you if they don’t haul tail outta the school drop off line already.
See how punchy I look?!
3. Sweaters. In the form of dresses. I’ve never owned a sweater dress before. I know, slap my silly face. But now? All over them. Not sure what I was waiting for. They’re cozy, and soft, and warm. Like fleece lined yoga pants. Only stylish and cool.
4. Colored blazers. For looking funky with ease! The awesomeness of the skull shirt is just a bonus.
5. Stripes. And dots. Feel free to be more adventurous than me and wear them together. I’ve not found a way to get down like that yet, but it’s coming America. It’s coming.
Bonus: Boots. You have to have boots to make fall count. Probably you already have a pair to rock from last year, but if not, check out this best boots ever post for some ideas.
Need to see some other awesome ways to rock this stuff? Maybe, something that has a little more color in it (who am I with my black and white and purple?!). Of course you do…