A few weeks ago, I begged you for money blogged about helping the National Kidney Foundation raise some cash to support research and programs designed to help people diagnosed with kidney disease.
People like me & Nick Cannon who hang out together for the sake of doing good and fist-bumping for charity…
Yep, that’s me in NYC chatting up Mariah’s man with Nick Cannon where we met a bunch of people who came out for the annual NYC NKF kidney walk. He didn’t actually fist bump me, but I could see in his eyes that he wanted to, totally.
But hanging with him was only icing on the cake.
The cake was seeing so many amazing people with so many amazing stories of love, loss, and hope come out to show their support of this organization in this way (you can see more on the People Of Facebook page)…
Getting random, costumed people to pose for pics with me while I threw up the deuces for kidney research…
And, two of the best blogging mamas (@roociambriello & @sharonmomof6) on the planet cheering for kidneys…
GO! FIGHT! WIN! And figure out how to cure kidney disease of the autoimmune variety so Dumb Mom’s body will stop hating her.
Feeling inspired by that awesome pyramid and want to make a difference in someone’s life? Feel free to donate to the NKF so they can continue to do what they do.
Or, in the light of current events, maybe you want to help out the awesome People Of New York in some other way. Because you feel all helpless and junk sitting in your warm, powered up house while they are struggling? I fell you, ‘cause me too. Luckily, there are a few easy ways you can just send cash lend a hand even if you can’t actually lend a hand:
- Buy an I Love NY print from Upside Down Grin. 100% of the profits are being donated to Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.
- Donate to the Red Cross. Everyone knows the awesome they do in times like these (and other times to). So, kick down some cash so they can continue to rock that.
- Yep, people are always hungry, but they probably have a few more feeling those pangs right about now. Send money to the NYC Foodbank so they can get food in people’s bellies.
- I know people are mostly just happy to be alive following this event, but a lot of people lost their homes and their clothes and a bunch of their stuff. You can donate to the Salvation Army of Greater NYC to help them get some of that back.
Ready to share your Wordful of the week? Get to it, and then pop over to Angie’s Seven Clown Circus and take a sec to visit some of our fave’s from last week too!
- The best Angry Bird jack-o-lanterns I’ve ever seen from Honey Mommy.
- A sweet story of a bold girl in preschool at Sellabit Mum.
- Another Halloween post featuring the cutest little frog prince and his pretty princess sidekick at Marlie and Me.
- Still have some pumpkin stuff hanging about and need something to do with it?! Try these Pumpkin Whoopie Pies from Mom on the Make.