Wordful Wednesday. Bringing the Joy of Summer.

Summer is here people.

Ain’t no denying it.

I sweated straight though my panties at the soccer field last weekend.

Gross if you attempt to conjure an image of me in my soaking wet drawers, so yeah, don’t do that.

Just know that the kids are home, the sun is out (when it’s not a torrential downpour), the humidity is starting to make me hallucinate, and we’re already spending an insane amount of time in our swimsuits (well, them, not me really).

I have grand plans for how I’m going to bring the joy of summer home this year but, if I’m honest, we could probably continue on this path of low maintenance awesome and no one would really notice or care.

Want to make sure your kids have a rocking summer without breaking the bank, throwing out your back, or losing your ever loving mind?

Just do this…

Dude Mom’s Guide to an Awesome Summer: 10 Things ANY Mom Can Pull Off This Summer

how to have a fun summer

1.  Go thug life for a day.  Arm sleeve super hero tattoos are pretty gangsta if you ask me.

dude summer 6

2.  Practice diving catches.  Over.  And over.  And over again.  I can not guarantee that you won’t throw out your back and/or lose your mind on this one.  However, it’s a cheap way to make your kids (and their future football coaches) love you.

dude summer 5

3.  Go fishing.  It’s really only fun if they catch something.  Otherwise, they get bored and they scare all of the fish away skipping rocks and throwing sticks and junk.

dude summer 4

4.  Play dress up.  For those who don’t know, he’s NOT a hero, he’s a secret agent.  Obviously.

dude summer 3

5.  Go camping.  SIKE.  Like I’d ever suggest to any human that they should seek shelter in a flimsy structure sans air conditioning and a private poop place, with nothing but work and swatting bugs to keep you busy.  But, s’mores are so delicious aren’t they?  You can easily enjoy those bad boys on your own deck.  Stay out until dark and star gaze if you like.  It will feel real, minus all the sucky bits.

We’re not the only one’s feeling the burn of summer so this week we’re featuring some great summer shots, including an absolutely amazing Mad Hatter Tea Party, fabulous peacocks, discussing the topic of hitting, pinching and getting kids back (with a great photo), and some lovely shots of farmland and barns.

Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 8.47.16 AM

Be sure to visit our fabulous features and my awesome co-host Seven Clown Circus too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. we totally need to do smores…
    can you believe my husband claims he has never had one?!

2. Kimberly says:

oh this is the funny I so desperately needed today.
    Jesus.
    Panty sweat.
    The sexiest sweat of them all

3. Man, #’s hair makes me so happy. And yes, the catnoos (mine still can’t (won’t?)) say tattoo. We are inviting kids over and renting a projector to play a movie in the backyard BECAUSE WE ARE THE COOL PARENTS (but I’ma need you to bring your own bug spray because SE mosquitoes are straight hood).

• DudeMom says:

You ARE the fun parents. We did that once and I got all bent because the kids talked the whole time. Show the Goonies some respect fool!

4. Okay, camping isn’t that bad. But you have to do it right… like we do. In a 5th wheel camper that is complete with 2 bedrooms (sleeps 8 comfortably), a bathroom, running water, cable ready, and most importantly… A/C!

5. Awesome ideas as usual! And I’m right there with you on the whole sweating thing and hallucinating from all the humidity. One of the reasons I’ll be SO glad to move back to Washington State late this summer. ;)

Tree Removal Inspires Art

• DudeMom says:

So jealous. We miss California the most in the summer. And, um, the winter. And, probably always.

6. Today is my kids last day. Looking forward to doing many of those things. :)

PS. I do not camp either. Pretending you are homeless doesn’t do anything for me at all.

• DudeMom says:

Seriously. Sweating, being all dirty, and having to pee in the wild isn’t my idea of fun. Plus my bowels HATE camping. :)

7. Nice pic of the diving catch!

So re: camping. I don’t camp. But I do “quasi camp”. That means that we either stay at a hotel next to the campground where our friends are camping, or we stay with friends in their motor home. Quasi camping is the ONLY kind of camping I will ever do.

• DudeMom says:

My parents have a motor home, but still, eh. I mean I go if they force me, but only if.

8. SO glad you enJOYed my farmland shots. Thank-you!

9. We’ve got a few days of school left (stupid hurricane) and then we can finally get into summer mode.

10. Those are some really great ideas! I like the camping/non camping one myself. I like you dude in the first photo. He’s got his game face on! lol

• DudeMom says:

Yep, that’s his I’m hardcore and can jump kick like a boss face. Or something.

11. We did backyard s’mores twice this week… and it is so much nicer when you can just walk inside to pee, rather than find a poison-ivy-free spot to do your business. Camping in the backyard is the definite way to go!

12. Your son is the cutest thug I’ve ever seen!

• DudeMom says:

If you could see him actively refusing to eat the delicious vegetarian enchiladas I made for dinner you’d probably not think that. It’s amazing how scary he can look!

13. Ok so those pics are awesome! And yes smores on the deck are a fabulous alternative to, well you know. And last but not least THANK YOU! I am so outclassed by those other posts. But so excited to be featured among them! :)

14. Yes…camping in your own house..with ac and plumbing! It’s the only way.

Now, I need a s’more.

• DudeMom says:

We had tons leftover, I don’t think my children actually like them, they just want to really badly.

15. I love this post! It was so much fun.