I sweated so much at our football game last week that I thought I was going to pass out from the heat.
I nearly had to be cut out of my jeans.
As un-October as that experience was, there’s no denying that the cooler temps of fall are heading our way.
Here are some fun activities to get your kids in the mood for the season change!
15 Things to Do This Fall with Kids
1. Rake leaves. And then, jump in them!
2. Go to the pumpkin patch. Catch a hay ride, drink some hot apple cider, jump on a massive jumping pillow, that sort of thing. Oh, your pumpkin patch doesn’t have a massive jumping pillow? Too bad! Live vicariously through us on that one…
3. Carve jack-o-lanterns. Each Dude here gets to pick and carve his own every year. It’s our Halloween traditions!
4. Bake pumpkin pies. And then give them to your neighbors because, gag, pumpkin pies are gross!
5. Pick your own apples. If you live in our area of the world, apple orchards are abundant and so are the festivals celebrating the apple picking season. Go to one and come home with a full belly and plenty of apples to bake with too.
6. Make a scarecrow. It’s fun for kids and they work on squirrels for like a day. PS I hate squirrels.
7. Take photos. My favorite photo session season, hands down.
8. Go on a nature hike. Enjoy the changing colors of the leaves and hunt for some cool ones while you’re out there.
9. Go to a football game. You know how we love the high school football games in our town. We never go to NFL games; too expensive. And, for us, these are just more exciting. Everyone is into rooting for the home team, it’s a great way to spend time with your community, and they’re cheap too!
10. Donate to the food bank. It’s approaching holiday season, the weather is getting colder, and the food banks could use your help.
11. Clean out the drawers. We do this in spring and fall to make way for the next size and season of clothing. And to donate or consign the items we don’t need/want anymore.
12. Hit up the farmer’s market. New season, new fruits and veggies to choose from at the stand.
13. Go to a Renaissance Fair. We never miss it. Ever. Seriously.
14. Have a Halloween party. Ours is annual and it’s a big deal. We invite a bunch of neighbors and it’s a ton of fun. But, a small, easy Halloween party for just few kids is a fun idea too.
15. Read scary stories. In a tent, on your deck, with a flashlight under your chin. Kids won’t sleep for days! So, yeah, maybe don’t do this one.
What do you have planned this fall?!
Share your fall themed, or however you want themed post this week in Wordful Wednesday by linking below.
Be sure you also visit my co-host and this week’s featured linker too!
We’ve decided to only feature one awesome linker each week. We hope this will mean that all of you will be excited about linking up and visiting our favorite. This week, we’re featuring Honey Mommy and her photos of Bryce Canyon because Oh. My. Stars we’ve never seen anything like it.