We aren’t big into Valentine’s Day.
The Dudes in this house are just not romantic that way I guess.
Doesn’t mean I don’t shove a little love at them every chance I get.
And, you know what they say, quickest way to a Dude Kid’s heart is straight through their tummy.
Heart Shaped Homemade Biscuits
3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (soft-ish, but NOT melty)
1/4 cup shortening (I use the butter flavored one because, butter, butter, butter!)
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl.
- Cut in butter and shortening. I use a pastry cutter because I’m fancy like that. Previously, I used a fork. Same, same.
- Make a well (aka a big ole hole) in the middle of your lumpy mix and pour in milk.
- Blend well then pour out onto a floured surface.
- Knead the dough. Put your back into it for a few good strokes (only like 4-6 so your biscuits don’t come out heavy).
- Roll flat. But not too thin (an inch will give you thick style country type biscuits good for butter and jam).
- Cut out with your heart shaped cookie cutter. If it’s not Valentine’s Day use another shape. Or a drinking glass. Those work perfectly fine.
- Lay on cookie sheet and bake at 450 for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then grub.
Today’s post is being shared with Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop.