That’s how long I’ve been home from Beaches Turks and Caicos and back to living my real life.
I have a cold. It is currently 37 degrees. I need to turn my heater up. Work is killing me.
I needed the refresher that was this adventure. Even if it didn’t go exactly as I envisioned.
My shortsighted plan was to spend time on island blogging my adventures, catching up on work, and generally getting inspired to be more awesome in all facets of life.
And then, the beach. And the food, and the pools, and the people, and the conference, and my fear of accidentally using data, and time to sit in a chair twice my size and fall asleep to a the sounds of the ocean just footsteps away sorta made all of that stuff not happen.
I did get to talk to local people and learn about Turks and Caicos life. I did get to connect with bloggers that I was inspired to learn from. I did get to listen to wonderful people in this space share their vision and success. I did get to dance in a junkanoo parade…
And I for sure gained enough pounds to make my jeans fit tighter and my lady bits a little more bulgy in my shirt. Those are the things I am certain of.
I think I maybe also got the last one about being more awesome in there, but it’s really too soon to be certain.
And I need to lose 10lbs before any other things can be done.
Eventually I will throw together a post sharing all of the awesome that I experienced there, it’s just going to take me way longer than two days to process and weed through everything in my mind.
I’m super excited to share all of the things with you guys though so, today, instead of a know-before-you-go-cover-all-of-the-bases-travel post, I wanted to share some of my favorite photos from the experience with you.
I didn’t have my big camera with me to do the beauty of Turks and Caicos justice, but hopefully these capture the awesome adequately.
10 Awesome Photos of Beaches Turks and Caicos
1. Beach in the Morning. No explanation needed.
2. Fun on the Boat. Just one of those perfect moments captured.
3. Me and Mimi. I was so happy she went on this trip with me. She made it even more awesome.
4. My Feline Friend. She came to eat popcorn with me on my patio the first night in country.
5. Toes in the Sand. Even I enjoy a good cliché.
6. Hammock Fail. It was just funny. You an watch the video here if you want: Hammock Fail Video
7. Sand Castle Awesome. Even though just being near it made me nervous. Like I was going to trip and fall and spill my drink all over it, changing it back into nothing more than millions of individual grains of sand on the ground. Or just leaving a massive impression of my butt in it. Either would be horrifying.
8. Best Beverage. They had so many to choose from, the frozen ones were my faves. Also, if you’re not a huge drinker when it comes to alcoholic beverages, ask for a pineapple smoothie. It is what dreams are made of!
9. Boat Hair. My 3-hour boat excursion was bittersweet. I loved Iguana Island –the iguanas were huge and plentiful, and I found a humongousaur conch shell for The Dudes. But, before that, I was the sickest I have been in this lifetime. I do not have sea legs. I have get-on-a-boat-and-probably-barf-my-brains-out legs. Along with crazy boat hair.
10. Meal of the Week. The fish (it was a seared red snapper dish) I had at Schooner’s wins for most photogenic…
The dessert tray that I consumed in its entirety without help from friends or family wins for most delicious. And yah-huh, dessert is totally a meal…