The dinner dish my children refuse to eat.
Only, really, I can’t care.
I love, love, love kale. Just like I love, love, love roasted potatoes.
And, in fairness, they like those things too.
Just not together.
Kale on one side, potatoes on the other, that they’re cool with.
But, mix it together, put one atop the other, and it’s too gross for their discerning taste buds.
But, don’t listen to those jokers, you guys, they know none of the things about what is tasty.
Because roasted potatoes and kale is what’s tasty. Plus it’s super easy to make.
Sprinkle it with bacon for additional awesome because, as you know, bacon makes everything better.
Roasted Potatoes and Kale
- Baby potatoes (I used white and red ones)
- Fresh kale
- Olive Oil
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional, sort of)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut potatoes into quarters
- Wash and dry kale (totally dry it so it's not all soggy)
- Put potatoes in a bowl and coat with olive oil
- Place on a flat baking sheet
- Season with salt, pepper, and basil
- Put kale in the same bowl and coat with more oil. Rub it in with your hands so it gets all up in those leaves
- Add salt and pepper and put on the baking sheet with the potatoes
- Place in oven to cook for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking
- Remove from oven and serve
- If using bacon, sprinkle over each dish.