You guys know how I need quick, easy meals in my life.
And they need to be cheap.
I really can’t live any other way.
With The Dudes putting back enough food for a basketball team at this point, I need to make our meals hearty, affordable, and in a hurry so they can get back to, um, playing basketball!
Here’s one everyone loved.
Easy Dinner Idea: Pork Stir Fry
- 1-2lbs boneless pork chops, cubed
- ⅓c honey
- ½c soy sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for cooking
- Heat 1T oil in large flat pan
- Add cubed pork
- While pork is cooking, cut up veggies
- When pork is brown on outside, add honey and soy sauce, continue to cook until done.
- Remove pork from pan. Leave sauce.
- Add veggies.
- Let cook until they reach your preferred consistency (we are crisp-tender people).
- Return meat to pan and stir.
- Serve over rice or noodles for a more stick to your bones meal. Omit if you're on that weight loss train.
I double the recipe and then box them up for Dude 1 so he can eat pork stir fry when he comes home from his after school workouts too!
Loving this pork stir fry recipe? Check out some of our other easy, weeknight dinner ideas too!