Today is my anniversary.
With Stitch Fix!
I’ve been a member for twelve glorious, fashionable months and gotten twelve boxes of well styled, on trend clothing selected specifically for me.
Honestly, I didn’t think I’d stick with it this long –I figured I’d get a few boxes and go back to hitting up Marshall’s every other week for my fashion fix.
But, it’s been such a positive and useful experience that I haven’t been able to give it up –I love getting my fix!
Now, I’ve added everything up and, based on my loose math and lack of record keeping, I’ve gotten over 20 outfits and spent well under $1000. Or like close to maybe $700. Or like a little more.
You know what? It barely matters how much I’ve spent.
What matters the awesome I’ve gotten!
If you’re thinking about signing up for Stitch Fix, here are some things you might want to know (also, go ahead and sign up with me so I can get a credit, I promise it will only be used for good, not evil!).
10 Things to Know About Stitch Fix
1. Stitch Fix is a styling service for women (and men too!). The clothing they choose comes from a ton of funky fresh clothing. They carry both exclusive labels and styles that are only offered at Stitch Fix. That means, you’re not going to get all brands from every store in your box. I kinda love that because I feel like I’ve come to know which designers I like and which ones fit well with my body and style.
2. You can make special style requests. Every month, before they style your fix, you get an email notifying you that your stylist is about to pick items for your box. That is your opportunity to be all, “Hey Girl, I’m going on an island getaway next month, can you hook me up with some island threads please?!” Personally, I like being surprised each month –it’s part of the fun of it! But, when you have a special occasion or event coming up and you need a go to, they’ve got your back.
3. The clothing is not cheap. Some probably find it expensive. In fact, there have been a few months when I am just like, well, I guess I can’t get these jeans because they are $98 and these kids want to eat real food again this month. For the most part though, I find the items reasonably priced for the quality and the great service.
4. The more you buy the more you save. Recently I got a box where I fell in love with three of the items. All of the items were cute and could easily fit into my wardrobe, but those three, man, they were saying my name. Because of the “buy 5” discount you get for buying your entire fix, it was cheaper for me to buy the whole box than it was for me to just purchase the three items I wanted to marry. I really never pass up a 5 for the price of 3 deal when it looks so good.
5. You’ll look better if you’re social. My stylists check my Instagram feeds regularly to see what I’m wearing, what I like wearing, and what my life is about right now. It helps them select clothing that fits my life and makes me feel as good as I look. You guys know how I love functional fashion.
6. There are some size limits. They don’t have plus sized items in their collection at this time. But, it’s coming!
7. And they do have shoes! They added footwear earlier this year and they have a lot jewelry, and purses too!
8. They try to send you items that match. Maybe not within a box, but certainly among boxes. More than once my stylist’s note encouraged me to match something in the current box with an item I purchased in a previous box.
9. Which means, they get better over time. The more you Fix the more you build up a wardrobe that coordinates and truly fits your life.
10. They save time, money, and effort! I don’t have to spend time or money or effort going to the store very often. And, in my case, I actually save up money so that when my Fix comes I will be in a good position to snatch it up. Some months I do, others I tuck that cash away and save it for next time. I feel all frugal and stuff.
Convinced you need this in your life?
It’s time to get you fixed ladies: Sign up for Stitch Fix
*Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links which means if you sign up for Stitch Fix using my link and actually get a box shipped to you, I will get a teeny bit of cash to put towards my next Fix. And I will dance in my kitchen while saying your name.