Some times you have a bad week.
You know the kind, where day after day after nearly unbearable day you are struggling through bad luck that triggers bad experiences that are often tainted by bad people.
You can’t plan for them. You certainly can’t prevent them. And, when you’re stuck in them you know they can’t last forever, but they sure do feel like they might.
Kinda like this winter.
You know eventually it won’t be cold or rainy or threatening to snow. You know that one of these mornings you will wake up and there won’t be frost covering your car. And you know, deep down, that you won’t have sit on the soccer/lacrosse field for the rest of the season shivering with the “emergency” blanket from your car wrapped around your shoulders because it’s April and you are categorically opposed to putting on your winter coat at this point in the year.
Eventually it will end. Because it has to, right? Global warming can’t kill summer, can it?!
No, because yesterday was sunny.
And this was a good week.
Aside from a two day long migraine I wanted to bludgeon myself over, this week was a joyful one filled with good luck and happy experiences fueled my awesome people.
Fingers crossed that it will spill over into next week, and the one after, and all of the ones after, forever and ever, amen.
Unlikely, but still, one can hope.
So let’s celebrate so the universe knows we are grateful.
5 Arguably Awesome Things That Happened This Week
1. Dude 3 got new glasses! He’s been anxiously waiting his new pair of Rec Specs and they finally came in yesterday. Just in time for his first day of soccer practice!
2. I signed two contracts to write at cool websites. Like big ones. Like ones where you will be all, oooooooh, I read that when I tell you. Only, I’m not going to tell you because, I like to surprise y’all with stuff.
3. My first SheKnows Experts Among Us post went live. Followed almost immediately by my second one. I love the word expert because it gives me street cred which means it’s harder for my kids and my spouse and pretty much anyone to argue with me when I tell them things. Never mind that I make things up and often don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m the expert here! Burden of proof is on you, pal.
4. My style post that I wrote a couple of weeks ago for Redbook showed up on Msn.com. That’s cool because it meant that tons more people got to read it. Every day, regular people who don’t really read blogs. Like the ones in my hood. Like the ones who work at my kids’ school who see me in the drop off line and come up to my car to say hi and tell me they saw me on the homepage of MSN this week, which prompts me to panic and quickly look down to ensure that I am wearing real pants. Or, pants at all. Because, you know what? Some days, like the ones smack dab in the middle of those weeks I started this post moaning about, I roll up to the school bus line in my jammie shorts and a hoodie to hide my bed hair, the only thing brushed being my teeth. I’m not a machine people. I’m a mother.
5. I finally finished hanging the photos in my family room.
I wanted something interesting that wasn’t just a bunch of frames and the canvases that everyone is doing these days. Don’t get me wrong, we have those too, but we also were fortunate to work with Woodific to get some really awesome shots of The Dudes put on wooden canvases. They came out so clear and vibrant that Dude 3 thought I painted them (I almost took credit for that but was afraid he’d ask to watch me do it). I love how unique they are and that they add some interest to our otherwise not super interesting room (I don’t do art, y’all, I just don’t). And they are just so versatile.
They can put basically any image/graphic onto wood for you to add awesome to your home, or office, or garage, or beach shack, or wherever you hang and like to decorate.
Disclosure: Some items featured in this post were given to us for the purposes of reviewing them. All opinions are our own.