Confession time people.
Raise your hand if you’ve been a bit of a scrooge this holiday season.
Yeah, yeah, my hand is in the air.
I’ve not been feeling super holly jolly this season.
Not sure why, maybe it’s the fact that our real-life-8-foot-Christmas-tree-I-BEGGED-Dumb-Dad-NOT-to-buy-because-I-kinda-wanna-go-artificial-now spent it’s first night home crashing to the ground at 1am, spilling water all over the place and shattering ornaments I’ve had since becoming a mommy 11 years ago to pieces.
Said Christmas tree is now hog tied all ghetto like out our window and to our deck to prevent future crash-tastrophes.
On the positive side, I’ve now provided Dumb Dad with reason number 38 to NOT buy a live tree, coming in behind the possibility for insect infestation, the allergy flare ups it tends to cause, and the fact that the already-dead-when-you-meet-it behemoth sets you back a good 50 bucks despite the fact that it won’t last past the new year.
In an effort to get over all of this holiday humdrum, I’ve decided to do a little 12 days of Christmas partying here at pBd.
I know, technically, there are more than 12 days between now and Christmas.
I also know that getting me to post something happy holidays-ish, or at all, for 12 straight days is not only extremely ambitious, but also, highly improbable. So, I’ve given myself some leeway, and said that I will post 12 holiday themed posts at some point in the upcoming 16 days.
Best I can do. Take it or leave it.
Please don’t leave. I’ll beg if I have to. Or bribe you with gift lists and cookie recipes and craft fails and stuff.
Up first in our Step Off Scrooge Christmas Extravaganza?
Another gift list! Of the stocking stuffer variety.
Check out these 10 cool stocking stuffers the Dudes and the Dude kids in your crib will love on hard.
1. Monster stacking dolls. We have the ninja ones. Monster are definitely just as cool.
2. Mustache-ifier. Because, it’s just wildly entertaining. I’m actually considering reintroducing #3 to the paci just to be able to laugh at him when he uses this. I mean, he’s gonna have to wear braces regardless.
3. Honey Badger Don’t Care Tee. Because, for real, he don’t!
4. Mushroom garden. The Dudes don’t dig mushrooms in their belly, but they love science. So, we are working on our mushroom kit right now and I plan to enjoy the heck outta them by myself when they’re all grown up and edible. So fun to make and watching it grow everyday is super entertaining (they check the box every morning even though there’s nothing to see yet; little kids just don’t get time). Just as cool? The company that makes these sweet mushroom gardens also has another sweet project in the works: The Aquaponic Garden. Cool fish tank/plant/garden-of-awesome that cleans and feeds itself AND your family all at the same time! No work for you to keep clean, no floaters because your kids forgot to feed the fishies, and fresh food for you too! Hello green living, I think I love you! Donate to their kickstarter campaign to preorder one for yourself!
5. I Love Bacon. Life mantra. Great cookbook.
6. Ninja Pencils. For real life ninjas who write and junk too.
7. How to Poo at Work. It’s funny. And, as much as I am entirely against this practice, I realize that some of you humans are just icky like that have undiscriminating rear ends that need this sort of guidance. Don’t ever poo by me though, m’kay? I will unfriend you on Facebook and maybe also in life.
8. Fold Your Own Zombie Calendar. So, your hubs can pretend to eat brains at work when he’s actively avoiding doing actual work.
9. Paper Animal Masks. They look fun and easy enough that I won’t stomp them out while trying to construct them.
10. Sound Affect Machine. The Dudes are living sound affects machines, so I thought these would be fun to add to their repertoire of sounds. Probably I will hate them when they get here, but they seem fun online.
Phew, I feel more jolly already!