We leave for our Disney vacation in two days!
We are heading to the happiest place on earth for our spring adventure with Disney Social Media Moms.
If you’re a blogger, you probably already know what that means.
If you’re not, just know that it is a work-related conference in Disney that provides magical experiences to attendees who are also allowed to bring their families.
We tack on a day or two to our trip so that we can spend some real family time in Disney World and it counts as our annual vacation.
The Dudes love it, DudeDad and I love it, and we are so grateful to be able to have this experience as a family.
That being said, there is a ton of prep work to get the five of us on a plane, in a hotel, and expeditiously around the parks without breaking the bank or losing our minds and my packing list includes some things I never leave home without.
You can read some of my Disney planning tips if you are thinking about getting yourself and your family down to Orlando to enjoy the magic some time soon. But there are a lot of things that must go on before we make our way through the perfect streets of Disney’s World to keep it on budget and enjoyable.
Disney Vacation Packing List: 10 Money Saving Must Haves
1. Ponchos. Chances are high it is going to rain while you’re on your Disney vacation and it is no fun to have to break up your time huddled under some awning or breaking the bank buying the Disney version of the unfashionable rain covers. Instead, order a bunch of them on Amazon beforehand (they are under $20 for a whole 10 pack) and pack them for your trip. You can even kid get sized ones.
2. Breakfast. We aren’t buying a dining plan this trip, but even when we do we rarely use it for breakfast. Expense we don’t need. We take our own in the form of dried fruit, cereal, protein bars and the like.
3. Headphones. They are a must for the airplane and little ears don’t do well with buds. We buy a volume limiting headphone for the little Dude, but Dude 1 has graduated to something a little more adult: Sol Republic headphones.
4. Comfy shoes. I can not stress enough that even if you walk a lot at home, you do not Disney walk at home. Seriously, your dogs will be barking if you don’t outfit them correctly and you will waste money on Disney Crocs from a gift shop to save your feet (ask me how I know this). For me, I love my Bzees walking shoes and Dude 3 rocks a pair from Plae. Always a win.
5. Plane games. Or awesome coloring books. We got this Brilliant Colouring Book for Boys for Dude 3. He gets nervous and anxious and restless when we travel but he LOVES to color. Figured this will take his mind off of it!
6. Waterproof phone cases. These pouches are affordable and hang around your neck so you can hold onto them when you hit the rides. I got one for every phone carrying member of the family.
7. Sunscreen. Otherwise, you will burn, or spend $40 buying it at the park. I don’t like the sprays and I don’t like a lot of creams. We use this one from Neutrogena because it doesn’t leave you all greasy.
8. Carabiners. We use them to clip hats and water bottles onto our bags while we walk around. They are so handy and they can be used for so many things even after you come back home!
9. Water bottles. Take them into the park and fill them as much as you want for free –Disney gives out free cups of ice water. All you have to do is ask.
10. Headwear. The Dudes love these bucket hats –they look good and they protect their necks and faces from the sun. Some years we buy hats when we get to the park, but the Dudes know that the $40 hat they need to survive is also going to be the only keepsake they get from the park for the visit.