Made with love while on an all expense paid adventure to General Mills Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN.
If you caught my Facebook Live video last week, you know that I was afford the unique privilege to spend a day at General Mills headquarters in Minneapolis.
It was my first visit to the city and I had a wonderful time taking in the sights and enjoying the cuisine.
I stayed in a wonderful new hotel, The Hewing, with a fluffy big bed I didn’t have to share with a soul. It is located in downtown Minneapolis, near the Twins stadium, and it is freaking fabulous.
I got to learn so much about the General Mills brand, and the brands that fall under them (you guys, Aveda! General Mills makes Aveda! How did I not even know that?!). And just seeing the beautiful space where they do business was amazing (and totally ruined me for any other job site ever).
I also had the pleasure of enjoying this experience with a bunch of other amazing content creators.
They were all so kind and smart and pretty and fun.
But, more awesome than the learning and the food and the pretty people and the comfy bed in my swank hotel was the opportunity to throw down in the Betty Crocker kitchens!
You guys know I am not much of a cook, but even I could appreciate the awesome of this experience.
*That’s me, appreciating it.
Not only to be in this space, but to work with some of their chefs, with all of these ingredients just laid out and waiting for us to create.
We participated in a recipe challenge and, while I am not super creative when it comes to food, I have to admit that even I was inspired to come up with an original no bake cereal bars recipe featuring Honey Grahams.
And, if I do say so myself, it came out so good!
It really is as tasty as it looks.
And they were super easy to make.
These no bake cereal bars only took about 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes in the freezer to set.
And yes, I came home and made them for The Dudes, and we decided they totally make sense for breakfast.
White Chocolate Honey Grahams No Bake Cereal Bars
- 2 cups of Honey Grahams cereal
- 6 Tablespoons melted margarine or butter
- 2 cups almond butter (can use peanut butter if you prefer)
- 1½ cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons agave (you can also use honey or another sweetener of your choice)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Grind Honey Grahams into a fine dust. Use an electric food processor if possible.
- Mix with melted butter.
- Press crumbs into bottom of baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the other ingredients.
- Put in microwave for about 30 seconds to make it easier to spread.
- Spread evenly on top of crust.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Disclosure: I participated in an all expense paid visit to General Mills Headquarters. All opinions are my own.