Father’s Day is Sunday.
I know I’m not the only person who woke up this morning and was like, “Holy sh*$@*%! Father’s Day is Sunday!?”
I spent all morning Googling “gifts for dad” and scrambling to find a decent perfect Father’s Day gift for DudeDad because he deserves it, ya know?
We moms are all waaaaah about Mother’s Day every year and, while dads literally never complain about the caliber of their special day, I feel like the least I can do is come up with a decent gift for dad or two.
Or a special moment.
Or something, anything to say that him being him in his capacity as father to my children is a happy circumstance that I am appreciative of every moment of every day. As are our children, even though I am clearly their favorite and always will be, forever and ever, amen.
I say four days is more than enough time to make Father’s Day great again.
Planning commences now (although I did snag a gift at about 6:18am today. I can’t tell what it is in case you reads my blog this week!)…
5 Gifts for Dad You Still Have Time to Get for Father’s Day
1. Fitbit Alta. It’s their newest, slimmest model and it comes in a bunch of colors. You can snag it on Amazon if you have Prime and it will be here in a couple of days.
2. Jord Watch. If you hurry, you can get one today and it will for sure be in your hot little hands by Sunday. Probably you will have to pay extra. The dope thing is that they lookscool, are a unique idea for dads with swag, and I have a discount code you can use: DADdudemom20
3. Discover Our America. We love unique gifts for dad and, if he digs food, this monthly gift box fits the bill. Bonus: it’s great to share with kids too. When our box came, The Dudes enjoyed the edible parts, of course, but they also loved the little state info book that came with the package. They actually learned a few things about Michigan, and so did I. It can be purchased in 6, 9, 0r 12 month increments or you can buy individual boxes. One thing to note, it won’t arrive before Father’s Day, but that is kind of expected with subscriptions. You will just have to get creative with your card making skills on this one! These free Father’s Day Printables can help. I have a discount code for you to use there too: DUDEMOM15.
4. A gift card. I know, lame. But you know what? Not really! Sometimes, Dad just wants to go to the store and buy something he really, truly wants. And that does not include the funky tie he’s now obligated to wear because you bought it and your kid is making him. Maybe he’s been saving up for some fresh sunglasses, or for a new sound system for his car. Or, maybe he just really loves ice cream and wants to smother his face in it at Cold Stone. Think about what your dude loves and then gift him a gift card from there so he can go shower himself in some awesome.
5. Take him somewhere special. Like to a baseball game or the movies. Spending time together as a family is probably the most awesome gift of all and it doesn’t have to break the bank. Even a picnic in the park, a day spent hiking, a trip to the pool. None of that requires a ton of money planning and all of that will be appreciated. Just throw in a free steak and some cuddle time with mom later and it will be kinda like Christmas.
*Disclosure: Some of the items mentioned are created by brands we currently or in the past have had a working relationship with. Some links may be affiliates. Real talk, we have tried and loved everything mentioned, that’s just how we roll.