This weekend we are heading to King’s Dominion for the first time with The Dudes and I am so, so excited about checking out some of the food options!
I know. I. Know.
King’s Dominion is an amusement park, people go there for the rides. And also, I’m losing weight. I can’t over do it. I can’t smash my face in a bucket of tacos and fill my belly with all of the things.
But I have been sticking closely to my healthy options and I really think a little treat on a hot day filled with tons of amusement park walking and the potential to barf everything I consume if my children force me on a coaster won’t kill my vibe.
They great thing is that they do offer a ton of healthy options as well. So, I can have a locally sourced salad for lunch and then down an ice cream topped funnel cake for dessert.
Balance you guys, that’s what’s up.
At home we are trying to balance the summer heat with light, cool dinner options.
Last week I threw together these tasty chicken wraps.
They were so, so good!
Super easy and filling and the entire family gave them double thumbs up!
They are good warm or cool so they also make a perfect poolside lunch for the days you want to pack and go.
Ranch Chicken Wraps
- 8 Flavored wraps (we used tomato, basil flavored ones)
- 8 Breaded chicken strips (we used Tyson's chicken strips, cut into chunks)
- Lighthouse Ranch Dressing
- Salad mix (we used one with cabbage, kale, lettuce, and carrots)
- 1 cup Shredded cheese (we used a blend of cheddar and Monterrey Jack)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Cook chicken strips according to package (feel free to make your own) and cut into bite-sized chunks
- Warm wraps
- Add 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing to each wrap
- Add chicken to each wrap
- Cover with a handful of salad mix
- Sprinkle with cheese (about 2 tablespoons)
- Add a few pieces of avocado
- Wrap like a burrito, tucking the ends inside so the goodness doesn't fall out