New year, new you, but what else is new?
So many things!
Coolness, January 9th
1. Happy Mama Movement 2015 launched this week. If you want to be happier you will join us. But, if being all mopey and hum drum is your jam, fine, don’t, we will continue our joy party without you. Be that way.
2. Friends is on Netflix. I know, you gave birth to the one where Rachel tells her dad she’s pregnant. Okay, so maybe I am the only one who got her epidural in just in time to watch that episode on my hospital TV. It was epic, the epidural, not the episode. But now, I can relive the whole beautiful story of Ross and Rachel and Chandler and Monica and Phoebe and Joey and smelly cat and just all of it without pain meds or newborns to distract me. Thank you Netflix, I feel old because FRIENDS STARTED WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, but awesome.
3. Bomber jackets. I love mine. It has flowers all over it. You should get one too.
4. It’s a good time to stock up on winter gear. It’s not at the clearance-becasue-the-sun-is-out-again price, but you still need to be warm and there are a ton post holiday of sales going on. We always check Sears for our winter weather apparel because my mama has been keeping me warm with their gear since the 80s. Let me keep you warm too (if you sign up as a Shop Your Way Client with me I can send you coupons to save even more)…
5. The Company Store is having a spring white sale only none of my favorite things are white and it is most assuredly not spring. The fact that it was 9 degrees in my hood yesterday proves it. Everything looks so warm and comf though. Can you tell I’m in the middle of an arctic blast over here or what? Also, is this girly?
6. Dude 3 asked me for a journal this week. Actually, he insisted, on our snow day, that I GET HIM A JOURNAL TO WRITE IN IMMEDIATELY. I stapled some paper into a folder and he went on his way. Buuuut, awesome mom that I am, I found him this cool kids journal and ordered it for his birthday. Because he wants to write, and ain’t no way I’m jumping in front of that bus.
7. On camera flash is gross. Ugly and bad and gross. I see all the moms using it during the school play and at the talent show and at basketball games and I wanna slap them kindly inform them that they are wasting their time. First, it doesn’t even work in a huge room, people. Also, see first sentence above about it being gross. Not gross? When you’re in an appropriately sized but dimly lit room and you have a Light Scoop in your hands. It will change your at home photography game. And, I have a discount for you so there’s that: DudeMom15. Here is an example that I really just wanted to show because HOW CUTE IS DUDE 3! So tiny. I miss those pudgy cheeks.
8. Also, I think you should read this blog: Hello, Wonderful. I never make crafts or do activities with my kids, but I look at this blog every day anyway because, ooooh, pretty.
10. And, I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that this politician is one of my own (yes, I am a citizen of Frederick County Maryland), but I am proud to admit that I’ve written for the Frederick News Post. Read the sordid tale of Kirby Delauter. You will laugh and then you will cry for so many different reasons. Also, he may sue me now and I hope all of you will be willing to donate a dollar to cover that as a thank you for sharing this craziness with you. Sigh, America, stop making the world laugh at you.