We started the week with a 7 year old birthday party.
Very awesome to have your birthday on a school-free holiday and to celebrate we held a football party at this indoor sport center. It cost me an arm and 2/3 of a leg, but it was so, so worth it since they provided a quarterback and a party host and an indoor field where he could live his dream (all of his friends playing football together) for an hour without freezing or breaking every remaining nice thing I own. All I had to do was smile and wave.
For those of you following my forest annihilation drama, here’s an update: I was contacted by my HOA to let me know the situation will be remedied. Because someone royal screwed up. Obviously this makes me marginally happy, but only in the seeee-I-told-you-so-I-love-being-right-maniacal-laugh sort of way.
Because, fact of the matter is, they can’t fix it. 100 year old trees were erroneously cut down (my other neighbor came up and explained this to me, for 20 minutes, with full foot stomping; I would’ve enjoyed it thoroughly were it not 22 degrees at the time). Even if you can fix it I won’t be alive to witness it. Best I can hope for is that in 30 years I will have a teeny itty bitty smidgen of my forest backdrop replaced.
I’ve given my family permission to bury me in the yard when I kick the bucket. That way when these trees reach their full potential my bones will be around to enjoy it.
And I bring you awesomeness…
1. Dude 3 is working on Valentine’s Day cards. He wrote this one for me to give to DudeDad: “Roses are red. Violets are blue. You smell so good all the ladies say woo.” I’m not sure I want ladies wooing at my husband, but you gotta give it up to him for that awesome rhyming.
2. I love this list of healthy slow cooker recipes. I’m working on field testing a few for you guys because I love using my slow cooker. So I can lay on my couch in my jammie pants all day and watch Twilight On Demand prioritize work stuff instead of worry about cooking and junk.
3. This chick blows up pole dancing. Don’t let people tell you there are things you can’t do, because you can do whatever you put your mind to. Also, sometimes bigger bodies mean, bigger hearts! Git it gurl…
4. White Faux Taxidermy makes me so happy. I really want to get a sweet dino head for The Dudes’ room but I’m afraid Dude 3 will be freaked out by it. What do you think about me putting it in my dining room?
5. If you’re in the mood for a fun snack, check out this homemade kettle corn recipe from Really, Are You Serious?.
6. Kid style find of the week: super cute t-shirts for dudes are on sale presently at Zulily. These pictured are from Trendy Tee Shop. Also check out the sale that Ay Caramba is having. Very fun stuff that sorta celebrates the Latino side of The Dudes.
7. I know, I tried to convince you to buy a soft blanket last week, but guess what? I’M STILL FREEZING. These look warm. Really awesomely warm.
8. Planning to host a Superbowl party this year? Personally I disdain the Seahawks and can’t stand Tom Brady so I’m only watching for the commercials. For those of you who can eat delicious things, here’s a great recipe round up: 20 Great Superbowl Snacks. Have fun while I reluctantly cheer for the Patriots and suck on a Medifast meal.
9. If you’re mother in law constantly gives your allergic-to-nuts-child candy laced with peanut flavored poison, it’s okay to take a deep breath and tell her to step off. Here are some other things it’s okay to say: 10 Things It’s Okay to Say to Your Mother-in-Law
10. Also, the episode of What NOT to Wear that I was on aired again this week. It’s been years, but every time it comes on I get a bunch of emails from people saying really sweet things and checking in on my progress. So, here it is: I’m still alive, I still dress like a normal person, thank you for saying such lovely things to me, and, just as a side note, I’m sorry but I can’t get you on the show, it doesn’t even exist anymore.