If you enjoy creamy sauced pasta dishes, this creamy Italian sausage pasta recipe is gonna be your jam.
It’s smooth and delicious and rich and flavorful and all of the things you definitely want your creamy pasta to be.
So, if you’re on a diet go ahead and skip this one because heavy whipping cream is an important part of the recipe and no, you can’t leave it out.
We went in on a pig with my sister and my dad during the COVID-19 craziness period so we have a ton of fresh pork sausage in our freezer.
Ours requires a lot of seasoning to make Italian-y, but a standard Italian sausage from your local grocer will work perfectly for this creamy Italian sausage pasta recipe. You might even sub it out for kielbasa if you’re in the mood.
Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
- Don’t toss the pasta water, you’re going to want to use it.
- Heavy whipping cream is preferred – because yuuuuummm – but plain half and half combined with melted butter wouldn’t be awful (1/4 melted butter in 3/4 cup half and half works)
- Switch things up and use kielbasa instead of Italian sausage
- You can swap out the veggies too. We’ve done asparagus, broccoli and sugar snap peas too
- If you enjoy cheese, you can also use mozzarella instead of parmesan, just use about half the recommended amount.
Full recipe here: Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta