If there is one place on this planet that moms of boys note a difference between their life with son’s and that of their friends with daughters, it’s in the bathroom.
Come by my house, stand outside my door (but, like don’t let me catch you because I will SO call the cops on you), this is what you will hear.
15 Things Moms of Boys Say: Bathroom Edition
1. Ugh. When is the last time you flushed the toilet?
2. Do you actually have to be naked to use the bathroom?
3. THEY’RE NOT SWORDS!
4. Please put the used toilet paper in the toilet, not in the trash can.
5. This better not be pee!
6. This had better be pee!
7. Seriously. Is THIS pee???
8. What happened to the bar of soap?
9. No, I won’t look in your butt.
10. Well, if you would wear underwear…
11. Why is the ceiling wet?
12. If you didn’t brush your teeth today, why is your tooth brush wet?
13. Please pee inside of the house.
14. Did you pee on the dog?!
15. Come and get your plate out of the bathroom.
And, 5 Things I Hear from Inside
1. I’M POOPING BUT YOU CAN COME IN AND TALK TO ME IF YOU WANT!
2. MOOOOOM, CAN YOU BRING ME A SNACK PLEASE?
3. GIGGLE. SPLASH. GIGGLE-GIGGLE. SPLASH.
4. Loudest whisper ever… SHHHH! WE DON’T WANT MOM TO HEAR.
5. So everyone’s looks like that when they get to middle school?