Dude 3 loves to bake.
It is his favorite most favorite mom and me pastime. Regardless of the season or the time of day, he is happy to join me in the kitchen for some baking.
And, I have to admit, I love it too, so we both win in the end.
Today, you’re gonna win too!
Because this past weekend, we decided to work on our chocolate chip cookie recipe.
And things took a turn for the awesome.
Note: Omit the almonds for the non-nut eaters. And the chocolate for the non-chocolate eaters. Dude 3 still doesn’t eat nuts because, even though he has outgrown his allergy, a sensitivity remains and he just doesn’t dig them. Dude 2 doesn’t at chocolate. I had some special requests to meet. Hopefully you can just bake them!
Dude Approved Oatmeal Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened (which is not to be confused with melted!)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1½ cups chopped almonds
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Beat butter and sugars together with a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat some more.
- Add everything but the chips and the nuts to the mix (some people say to use a separate bowl for the dry ingredients. Now, I'm no expert, but I will say people beg for these cookies, and I use one bowl because two sounds lie way more work.)
- Beat with mixer.
- Then stir in nuts and chips.
- Scoop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Pop in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, depending on how quick yours gets things done. (I'd check it at 10 minutes though, because burned cookies are sad cookies.)
- Let cool, but only just briefly and then eat them off the pan with a tumbler of milk like a boss.
We have tons of other cookie recipes too! You can find