School starts here in less than three weeks.
I am not happy.
I mean, sure, there are some pros: I can work more efficiently, The Dudes can stop trying to claw each other’s faces off, and we can all get back on a schedule and into a routine we crave.
But every summer, as it draws to a close, I start getting these crazy feelings, like I want to homeschool don’t want it to end. And I just have so much sadness about the back to school season.
I am NOT a happy mama.
I don’t think I will ever get over it. I’m not sure I want to.
I think the one thing that helps me is gradual planning and prep that starts early. I try not to make it this huge thing that is weighing on me and I try to knock as much of it out in advance as possible. So we’ve already done our school supply shopping, we got new school shoes, I’ve figured out their schedules, and set up their carpools for fall.
The hard parts are out of the way and now we can get back to enjoying the very last days of our summer!
And reflecting on our favorite parts.
10 Best Summer Moments in Photos
1. All three Dudes on the swim team. It was the first year Dude 3 did it and it was so awesome watching the three of them compete in the same sport.
2. Their morning news debut.
3. Lazy days with friends. We made a lot of time to hang with buds this summer.
4. Fishing with Dude 2. He is the only one interested in sitting on the water and staring at it for hours.
5. A day with their uncle. They are lways so excited to visit with him. Plus, I just love this photo because it’s so them and you can really see how big they are in comparison to each other.
6. Teaching Dude 2 how to cook. He wanted to learn. Who am I to get in the way of education?!
7. Hanging with our favorite baby.
8. Gardening with this guy. And by gardening I mean sitting in the yard while Dude 3 does his thing.
9. Critter collecting. I can’t say I liked it as much as I expect it and appreciate it as a necessary part of our lives.
10. Lake days. So many lake days.
Want to share what’s making you happy this month or a back to school post? Feel free to link up your post at Simply Stavish, our host for this month’s Happy Mama post!