Somehow, on the week I’m outta town and really, REALLY needed a Director’s Cut guest poster, I miraculously don’t have one (anybody want to volunteer for nezt week? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller…).
Go friggin’ figure!
So, instead, I’m going to go ahead now and post the giveaway that I was going to post tomorrow, today.
Confusing? Perhaps. Will you figure it out? Definitely!
So on this week’s Gift List for Awesome People we’re talking gifts Dudes like.
Not big, grown-up man Dudes (because I haven’t a clue what Dumb Dad wants for Christmas).
Little, easy-to-please kid Dudes.
Because there is still a little magic involved holiday season is still a lot of fun.
But, this year Dude #1 is beginning to question the existence of Santa.
He’s not out right with it, he’s just sorta being more of a skeptic with his leading, drawn out questions that always start with a, “Soooooo…”
As in, “Soooooo. Santa is watching us now? Like right now? And, can he hear us too, or is he just watching? Because I don’t see how he can actually hear us? Does he have like a recorder in here or….?”
Naturally, I’ve employed the exact same parenting tactic employed by my parents before me: we’ll call it the if-you-don’t-believe-you-ain’t-getting-sh!$-tactic.
Because, as Papa told me right up until I was about a Sophomore in high school, “If there ain’t no Santa, then their ain’t no gifts!”
And guess what?
Dude #1 wants a new Wii game too badly to make this the year he explores the existence of magic and the true origins of Jolly Old Saint Nicholas.
All of this parental nudging and cajoling and bribery amounts to one thing though: Santa better deliver!
So, Dude #1 will most certainly be getting Donkey Kong for his Wii this year.
However, no matter how much Santa’s magic is called into question, #2 will most certainly NOT be the proud recipient of a moon bounce.
I’m not putting one of those gawdy monstrosities in my backyard for the whole summer or storing the hideous creature in my basements all winter.
Just not gonna happen and I don’t give a care if it crushes his dreams or breaks his spirit. That’s what life will do to ya anyway, might as well get used to it, buster!
#3 will get the meat he asked for though, because nothing makes the holidays more sweet than waking up to your own gift of meat!
Thankfully they are asking for other items aside from meat and meat like products.
Here’s The Dude List of Awesomeness…
1. Toy Story Action Links. They loved the movie and they love the toys too. Even the simple, old school toy soldiers are a hit at Casa de Dummies!
2. Super Hero Gear. Nothing says hero like wall walking suction cups for gravity avoiding missions.
3. Sweet jumps. #1 has been asking us for a skateboard for a while now. Still debating what’s more important. His humerus or his happiness? Thinking we’ll just get him a sweet model car kit instead!
4. A bat hat. Actually I want #3 to have this because it is so totally him!
5. Art stuff. #2 is our resident arteest! He loves challenging and creative new artistic experiences and Eye Can Art is PERFECT for him!
6. Science. #1 got the best gift ever from one of his BFF’s this year for his birthday: Snap Circuits. He loves them (actually we all enjoy them and do them together as a family). But, we are ready for a new scientific challenge and Thames and Cosmos seem to have plenty of options for the Albert Einstein in every kid.
7. Reading material. The Dudes LOVE to read. All three of them (#1 and #3 much more than #2, but we’re working on him). #1 loves a good mystery and anything Star Wars related will do too!
8. Despicable Me. Comes out December 14th and my guys are all putting this one the list this year!
9. Kung Zhu. Yes, the Zhu Zhu pets for Dudes is hot this year. My guys are really likeing them right now. I find them mildly annoying, but I don’t have to play with them.
10. Lego Universe. Yes I reviewed it. Yes we had it. Until our subscription expired. The Dudes have been asking me to play that game every single day since I first introduced them to it. I think Santa needs to give us a product key this Christmas.
So, want to score a little Dude fun prize pack?
I’m giving away a Kung Zhu Battle Hamster along with a battle ready hamster tank AND a Lego Universe Game of your own for those hideous and unavoidable snow days we’re about to encounter!
How do you win?
Follow my so super easy rules of course…
1. Follow pBd the blog.
2. Leave a comment telling me that my parenting skills are inspirational and spot-on how you learned the truth about the Claus.
3. Live in the USA.
4. Be a human who will come back and see if you won. Or, at least respond to my “YOU WON!” email if I send it to you. Seriously, people I re-gift this stuff, particularly during the holidays because people want to have time to wrap it up and act like they bought it!
5. Enter to win by 12/1o/2010 at midnight Eastern time.