So, the holidays are right upon us.
Black Friday is less than a week away!
Which means you need to get your holiday gift lists in order A-SAP.
Or, you need to withdraw all of the cash from your savings account and get ready to run around like a crazy lady while it’s still dark outside.
Might wanna do some squats and hammy stretches if you’re going to Walmart; those places get buuuuuck.
I do 95% of my holiday shopping online. Dressed in jammie pants, coffee in hand.
AND, I’ve actually already purchased a bunch of stuff for the
people I need to butter up to receive more free babysitting services my family.
Black Friday in person has just never really been my bag; too many people touching, and pushing, and talking, and breathing and stuff.
Plus, I don’t like going out when it’s dark and cold and early.
I like getting up, jumping on my computer with my coffee-flavored-chocolate-creamer, while I yell at my children to get away so I can “talk to Santa”.
It’s how I roll.
And, it’s how I score awesome gifts that make people love me hard.
Bought and paid for on a past Black Friday at a seriously discounted price from the comfort of my own home.
Yeah, Dumb Dad freakin’ loves me, yo!
But, with that in my gift giving past, what am I gonna do this year?!
Up the awesome of course!
By scoring the man a lovely and delicious gift of something electronically awesome.
It’s what he likes.
Need some ideas for your tech-loving-music-adoring-gamer-aholic?
Count on me baby, I got you covered!
Cool Gifts for Grown Up Dudes Who Love Stuff With a Plug (or batteries)
1. Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones. Because Dre is gangsta and his music is dope and Dumb Dad loves listening to music while he
ignores The Dudes works. I got a great recommendation from another grown-up rap loving Dude for these headphones so they made the list. $149.99 and he better love me, I mean them.
2. Samsung Tablet. I mean, personally, I’m all over the iPad. It is my baby, as though it came from my own womb. But. For people not down to pay $700 for on-the-go enjoyment, maybe this
little big personal netbook-tablet-esq piece of equipment is for you. I’ll admit, after seeing it in store, in action a couple of times, if I didn’t love all over my iPad, even I might be tempted to possess this beauty. Dumb Dad ain’t so particular. And, my pockets ain’t so deep. So this could wind up under his part of the Christmas tree.
3. Sonos Wireless Hi-Fi Player. Personally I think, Dumb Dad’s taste in music is
bunk different than mine. But, you know, he feels the same way about me. That’s cool. I know Eminem is awesome, just like Gym Class Heroes, Maroon 5, and Drake. But, just because I don’t wanna be stuck listening to wiggity wackness all day, doesn’t mean I don’t want him to be able to get his sing on in the shower while I LISTEN TO WHATEVER I WANT SIMULTANEOUSLY in the kitchen. Yep, with a little additional accessorizing to accompany this bad boy, you can stream music into different rooms of your home to everyone’s enjoyment. Perfect!
4. Assassins Creed: Revelations. Because he loves video games and this one is supposed to be rock solid.
5. Sony Bloggie Camcorder. Nah, Dumb Dad doesn’t have a blog. But I do! And, I need him to shoot awesome videos of The Dudes so I can share them with you guys. Seriously, they’ve done a hilarious ninja one and a Star Wars one too. They. Are. Epic. And, if he used one of these to shoot them, then they wouldn’t be such a beast for me to figure out how to get uploaded and shared on my blog. So, maybe this is for us, whatever, it’s awesome.
All of these products can be found at hhgregg*, the happy electronics and appliance store spread all around the Eastern United States (also accessible online).
I got to go to a little event there recently to learn all about these and some of the other hottest gifts of this holiday season.
And, I scored a $50 gift card to share with all of you!
Go ahead, get your happy on, and then enter to win!
All you have to do is:
- Leave a comment telling me what you want this holiday season. I need ideas here people.
- Be sure to follow this blog or @dumbparent on Twitter.
- Live in the US of A and be 18**.
That’s it, yo!
Contest closes Friday, 11/25/11, at midnight.
*pBd Admits It’s Free: I went to a free event at an hhgregg store to learn about what they do. They had cold bagels and warm juice. They were very informative and the workers were super nice. They did not make me give you a $50 gift card or tell you what I’m buying my husband for the holidays (good thing he never reads this!). I’m doing that because I loves ya!
**The gift card is only redeemable IN STORE. So, make sure there is one near you or the friend you intend to regift it too! What? We know you do it.