I was planning to teach you guys something useful today.
But then, as I sat there on my kid-stained-covered couch dozing off intermittently while watching Valentine’s Day on TV (I love that movie) thinking super hard, I came to the conclusion that I don’t even know how to do anything useful.
I mean, nothing worth writing down at least (I can eat cupcakes like a boss, but dang it if I didn’t give that up for the sake of losing weight, and since I’m in the throws of sweet goodness withdraw, I can’t even stand to talk about them right now).
So, I’m going to instead teach you how to do something less specifically useful and more generally awesome!
Like how to host and/or participate in a super fun Twitter party!
Okay, so you guys know I’m not all over the Twitter party scene.
Like, I may have once claimed they were lame rarely participate in them and I don’t even really like happening upon them.
I get that they are a fun way to connect, but honestly?
They clutter up my Twitter stream when I’m really just trying to celeb stalk (now that Beyonce has had her baby, I guess I can stop following @UncleRUSH).
And, if you’ve been in a Twitter party with me, you know that I am probably the annoying interesting chick who is answering questions 4 questions too late, and cracking jokes, and being generally obnoxious interesting and such.
Because I’m awesome interesting like that.
But, you know what?
That is NOT going to happen this time.
THIS Twitter party is going to be awesome.
The way all Twitter parties should be.
And here is how you me WE are gonna make that happen!
How to Have an Awesome Twitter Party
1. Get a good topic. Something provocative or controversial for parents to discuss will do fine. Something like this (seriously, you have to watch the video or you won’t be able to laugh at me actively participate in this thing)…
So, would you? Get all Dutch and let your kids have a co-ed sleepover?!
2. Get some good hosts. You know, the awesomely good kind that make you laugh, and smile, and cry, but mostly just laugh (because, for the record, Twitter party crying is awkward for everyone). People like me (aka @dumbparent), duh, and my WAY more talented, funny, and smart co-hosts @sharonmomof6 @mamaknowsitall and @momonashoe (in case you aren’t sure about exactly how parties on The Twitter work, your first step is to follow all of us here and then Tweet us to let us know you’re a noob and will require some hand holding; I LOVE holding hands so it’s cool). Fun thing about these parties is that, not only do you get to Tweet to each other in real time, but we follow everyone on the list so you get a bunch of new followers out of it too!
3. Pick a good time. Our Twitter party is this Thursday, January 12, 9-10pm Eastern. That way all of us East Coast gals can stay awake for the thing, and all of you West Coast girls can do it while you ignore your kids during dinner. Fun, right?!
4. Have cool prizes. Like cash. Everyone likes cash. We’re giving away our cash in the form of 4-$50 Amazon gift cards. Because we know you will love that. And, if you RSVP to this bad boy right here, right now, you will be entered to win one of them! Provided you remember to show up tomorrow night at 9pm and @ us a couple of times.
5. Bring the awesome! In the form of super fun participants (that’s you guys of course!), guest Tweeters (the fab @kellywallacetv and some of the iVillage staffers will be joining us as well!), and good times. Because that’s what this is all about, right?! Getting together for a fun chat, to connect, share our thoughts on a topics parents everywhere are thinking about, and have a good time. With wine? Sure, mix yourself a cocktail, just keep the drunk Tweets down, kay?! Shame is not a good look!
Convinced you should join us?!
Of course you are!
Just sign up in the linky below (where it says “YOUR NAME” put your twitter handle with the @sign; where it says “YOUR URL” put the actual URL of your Twitter profile so we can just click it to follow you!), be sure to follow the hosts (but it’s also cool if you follow everyone else too!), and then show up to your laptop tomorrow night at 9pm Eastern with your pretty PJs and your wine glass ready to Tweet!
Already a Twitter party pro? Here is the #ConvoThread Tweetgrid all ready to go for you!
Can’t wait to see you!