Maybe not my most favorite trip of all time, but certainly right up there among things I really am so freaking happy I made sure I did with my kid before I was too old to remember my own name and/or where I left my teeth.
Of course I wish we would’ve done more (like gone to jump off of a cliff, well, him, not me, I don’t jump off of things).
Of course I wish I would’ve eaten less (but, yo, the food is free and just always there).
Of course I wish I would’ve planned better, packed lighter, taken more time to relax, brought a bigger can of bug spray.
Those are my regrets.
Fortunately, my things I don’t regret list is dramatically longer.
Getting to connect with tons of people in my industry.
Learning about the Jamaican culture.
Reading to Jaeden at Cove Primary Schol.
Learning how I (and you) can help the Bahamas following Hurricane Matthew (just because it’s not making news, doesn’t mean people aren’t still suffering there).
And taking tons of photos!
I am so glad I made my kid pose in countless photos, or wait with me while the sun went down just a teeny bit more, just so I could capture this wonderful adventure on film. Or, um, in my phone camera. For all of eternity.
Or until my memory is full and I have to finally plug the thing into my computer and wait for ages while they all upload.
In the meantime, let me share our favorite pics from the adventure.
Jamaica in Photos: 10 Moments I Will Never Forget from Beaches Negril
I put them in order, but they aren’t really in order because I can’t decide which is my favorite!
10. Treats by the pool…
9. Watching a friend say I do…again…
8. Fun with the family, including my pretend daughter for the week…
7. One on one time with my littlest dude…
6. The height of this jump…
5. The clear sky and the sun after a rain…
4. Getting to be with my mom and watching her have so much fun…
3. Sitting in the sand…
2. Watching my Dude conquer his fear –he didn’t think he could stand on a paddle board in the middle of the sea. He was so proud of himself when he did!
1. Going to the Jamaican primary school and meeting countless joyful children.
Planning an island getaway? Add Beaches Negril to your list -you won’t be sorry!