THIS IS A SPONSORED POST. ALL PHOTOS, WORDS, OPINIONS, AND COOKIE ADDICTIONS ARE MY OWN.
And by boys I mean bloggers because I hid these from my boys to prevent them from being devoured during their afterschool kitchen ransack-and-jam-everything-in-my-mouth-like-this-is-both-my-very-first-and-my-very-last-meal-of-life sessions.
Sunday I am hosting a fun coffee, cookies, and craft party for some of my local blogging buds at the home of my favorite local food blogger.
In preparation I have been working on perfecting my cookie game. Not because it actually needs perfecting, just because, ummmm, cookies!
I am already in possession of a mighty delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe and as a firm believer in not fixing things when they’re not broken, I was skeptical at first when it came to trying a new recipe with new ingredients and, GASP, less? Sugar?
Everyone knows that.
Cookies without sugar are, um, crackers!
However, I present to you photograph number 1…
That’s no cracker, y’all.
In an effort to eat more cookies develop a lower calorie, less sugar cookie alternative, I decided to try using SPLENDA® Sugar Blend in my recipe.
Not entirely sugar free (thank goodness!), these came out moist and chocolatey and yummy and good. Like cookies should be.
Thinking about baking with less sugar this holiday season? Here are some things you should know about baking with Splenda.
Baking with SPLENDA® Sugar Blend: 5 Things You Need to Know About Moist Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. SPLENDA® Sugar Blend is a mix of SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener and sugar. You should use it as a sugar alternative in baked goods as opposed to traditional SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener.
2. The cool thing about baking with SPLENDA® Sugar Blend is that it allows your baked goods to rise, spread, and brown like regular sugar. It retains moistness so it works perfectly for people like me who enjoy a moist, chewy cookie treat.
3. SPLENDA® Sugar Blend has only half the calories and carbohydrates as sugar. What does that mean? That I can eat twice as many cookies of course!
4. You use less. Just a half-cup of SPLENDA® Sugar Blend replaces a full cup of sugar.
5. This chocolate chip cookie recipe is a win. You can make it this holiday season when you’re craving chocolate and the desire to not feel quite so guilty about the fact that you ate the whole batch while your kids were at school. And washed the bowl, the pan, and the utensils so they wouldn’t know. (A few baking notes: I used twice the listed amount of vanilla and instead of two eggs I used one egg and one egg yolk for added creaminess and moistness).
This post is part of the HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® 2014 program by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. and The Motherhood, who sent me a box of products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are all my own and I hope you enjoy them. Third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners.