While I can’t say we think Valentine’s Day is a big deal, I can say that any excuse to make a pretty and yummy treat is wholly embraced.
I purchased these sourdough pretzels a couple of months ago.
No one liked them enough to finish off the Costco sized jug.
So, lonely and uneaten they’ve been sitting in our pantry while The Dudes picked past them for more delicious snack options.
I was going to throw them away and then I remembered that when you dip things in chocolate and cover them in sprinkles, the game is instantly changed.
Five minutes later, voila…
How to Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Red candy wafers (the microwaveable kind are easy). If you don’t have these on hand, use chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips), your kids won’t care.
- Large sourdough pretzels (though it’s not against the law to use the small ones)
- Melt candy wafers according to directions on bag.
- Dip pretzel into melted candy covering as much of the pretzel as you want.
- Sprinkle on sprinkles before the candy cools.
- Do the running man in your kitchen (this step is not optional, it must be done to celebrate the ease and awesome of this recipe).