Today’s blog post is being brought to you by GNC and the Motherhood. All opinions are my own, because no one is the boss of me.
I’m going to spend the next 4 minutes of your life telling you everything you need to know about plant based vegetarian protein supplements.
Now, before you sigh and click away, let me just tell you this is information you need if you a) are looking for a good, healthy way to supplement your nutrition or b) like tasty goodness.
I know, not many of you are jumping up and down over option A, but you have to admit that option B sounds pretty darn interesting.
But, let me tell you a story first.
Going to the healthy food store for healthy people who enjoy healthiness is not something I have a lot of experience with. Only recently in life have I begun to explore how to be more conscious about my food choices and focused on my fitness. I grew up thinking fried was a food group and taking the stairs was exercising.
So, imagine my anxiety when I had the occasion to go into a GNC, at the request of my spouse of course, to purchase him a bottle of some-random-funny-smelling-thing-he-uses-to-grow-his-muscles-faster.
In my haste to exit the healthiest place on earth more quickly I ran in, grabbed the stash, paid, and ran out.
When I got home I put his big bottle of muscle builder in the cabinet and went on with my life.
Later, DudeDad came into my office:
DD: Did you get the protein random-funny-smelling-thing-he-uses-to-grow-his-muscles-faster?
ME: Yes, it’s in the cabinet.
DD: Can you show me?
ME: You want me to get up out of my chair and come upstairs and show you a HUGE jug of protein that is sitting right there in the cabinet? I really shouldn’t have to do that.
DD: I looked everywhere and I swear I don’t see it.
ME: Stomping upstairs.
ME: Scowling over my shoulder at him as he follows behind.
ME: Wondering, aloud, why he can’t do things for himself.
ME: Throwing open the pantry, snatching out the big jug of stuff, and jamming it in his face.
HIM: “The Cleaner”?
ME: Blinking at him because, what?
So, I didn’t get the muscle stuff apparently. Because instead I got some kind of thing to make you poop “aid with digestion” instead.
Whatever. Like he can’t stand to be a little more clean.
Fortunately, when GNC sent along my package of plant based protein for to try they did a better job of ensuring that I got the right thing!
5 Things to Know About Plant Based Vegetarian Protein Supplements
1. Plant based protein is a good source of protein for vegans and vegetarians.
2. There are a number of different kinds of plant based proteins on the market. All of them have different benefits.
3. You shouldn’t use your plant based protein as a weight control option. They are meant to be used as a nutritional supplement which means you should eat a healthy diet and then use the protein to support your choices.
4. You can put your protein powder into all kinds of things. Milk, juice, water, smoothies, yogurt. You can make yourself an eggnog protein shake. Because, hello, it’s holiday season and a December without eggnog is not a December I want to get down with.
5. GNC SuperFoods Spiru-Meal™ contains all kinds of awesome vitamins and minerals that aid in maintaing optimal health and wellness. It has 14 grams of non-GMO protein, bee pollen, spirulina, and other food based vegeterian enzymes to help with digestion. It’s easy to mix, it tastes great, and it’s good for you too!