I rarely get to spend what I want on stylish items for myself.
I am more of a window shopper which means that, if you chill with me on Instagram, you will see me in stores trying on clothing and shoes and such quite often, but very little of it gets to find its forever home with me.
I just like to explore. And find out what fits me well. And dream. And plan for the days when DudeDad says hit me with your gift list (December, for obvious reasons, and May because birthday, Mother’s Day, and wedding anniversary are all jammed in there).
This year, I asked first for a Roomba.
I know, it’s a vacuum.
But, I HATE cleaning and, since I developed tennis elbow, vacuuming and sweeping are a degree of torture my brain can’t regularly fathom. As is watching my children as they, in an effort to be helpful, do their version of the chore that leaves at least 88% of the dog hair trapped in the corners.
I can not.
Dog hair in the corners geeks me out.
So, I asked for a ridiculously unglamorous gift that will be functional in ways nothing else really will.
I asked for stylish things too though and, in an effort to inspire your style for the next few months, I also asked some other fashion loving mothers what women want this holiday season.
Time to write to Santa, ladies!
What Women Want: 12 Great Gifts for Fashion Loving Moms
From Julie, Mom Fabulous: The Cabled Boucle Pullover Sweater from Chadwick’s
She says: There are so many reasons why I love this sweater: the cable knit design, the relaxed cowl neck, the button detailing on the sides and the fact it’s incredibly soft. –Julie, Mom Fabulous
Goes with: Hunter Boots
Find it here: Chadwick’s Sweater
From Carly, Thirty Something Fashion: Juniper Slippers
She says: Super comfort and super chic…for the holidays when you need comfortable slippers to run around while entertaining…and can’t bear to wear heels, ha!
Goes with: Your holiday outfit, once the heels are gone for the night!
Find it here: Juniper Slippers
From Jo-Lynne Shane: Clarisonic
She Says: I swear by my Clarisonic Plus. It was by far my best investment ever.
Goes with: A great beauty routine!
Find it here: Clarisonic Smart Profile
From Andrea, Momma in Flip Flops: Antique Gold Leather Earrings
She says: I’ve been wanting a pair of the Nickel & Suede earrings for far too long and this year after a request for my hubby of what I’d love, I basically said I HAD to have these! Give them to me in any of the gorgeous colors, but this antique gold leather had me at hello.
Goes with: All of the things!
Find it here: Antique Gold Leather Earrings
From Valerie, Charmed Valerie: Q-Redew
She says: I struggle with keeping my naturally curly hair moisturized (especially living in Colorado).
Goes with: A healthy hair regimen.
Find it here: Q-Redew Hand-held Hair Steamer
From Kristen, Bon Bon Rose Girls: Slipsilk Pure Silk Pillowcase
She says: A silk pillowcase is something that a girl might not want to spend the money on herself, but is totally worth the splurge! Hello glowing, younger looking skin and lustrous mane!
Goes with: Gorgeous skin and lucurious hair!
Find it here: Pure Silk Pillowcase
From Ellen, That Chic Mom: My Dressy Tee
She says: I love this tee because it can be dressed up or dressed down and it is an easy way to look more put together on days when you just want to wear a t-shirt.
Goes with: A great pair of jeans. Or anything really!
Find it here: My Dressy Tee
1. Stitch Fix Gift Card. It means next month, when they send me something I love as usual, I will be able to buy it without worry! I am a huge, huge fan of Stitch Fix and am so happy I joined.
2. Fossil crossbody bag. I just think this one is so versatile and the perfect size. I’ve been carrying my things in a shopping tote for months now, time for an upgrade.
3. Bogs boots. I am so much in love with these boots! Perfect for winter and so, so cute! I told DudeDad that, next to the Roomba, this is what I want most!
4. This disk necklace. I jumped on Boden to buy Dude 3 a holiday sweater and could not stop clicking on the jewelry. So many cute pieces.
5. Flannel sleep joggers. There are few things I am loving more right now than some comfy sleepy time pants. And, since I spend all day in them during the holiday season, might as well have a decent looking pair! Added bonus, these are on sale for about $20 right now!