As much as I hate and despise winter and winter like weather conditions, there is one thing that is mostly just bad although I’m choosing not to focus on that for the purposes of this post slightly redeeming about the weather that traps us in our home and keeps The Dudes couped up and stir crazy: we get to spend quality time with each other.
Mostly I spend my time Tweeting and reading vampire books and watching Season 2 Volume 1 of Glee working, but every now and then I turn away from that distraction and focus on my Dudes.
Camera in hand of course.
It is when I do this that I realize all of the mind-blowingly amazing things they teach me every time I stop for a moment and let them.
10 Things Being a Dude Mama Has Taught Me
1. You never know what you’ll find in the laundry. Toy soliders? Check. Matchbox car? Check. My pilfered bracelet? Check. Stray coins, a fruit snack and a COMIC BOOK?!
Yeah, that is a washed and dried comic book Dude #1 had in his pocket! By the looks of it, I think we need to have a little conversation about objectification of women. And boobies.
2. Swords will be left on the stairs, in the fridge, and possibly even in the toilet.
3. You will never need to hire a yard company or a snow removal service since you made one.
4. Band-Aids fix everything. No really. EVERYTHING.
5. Best friends are forever.
6. Never trust a guy in a plaid shirt. They may be cute as a button, but they are also sneaky saboteurs who are plotting where they’ll leave their next mom snaring booby trap. Probably on the stairs. Or, in the toilet (See #2 above).
7. Some of my happiest moments will be enjoyed on a basketball court (or a soccer field, or in a stadium of some sort).
8. If you don’t get your Dudes a dog, they will make one. Out of their baby brother. The fact that he will be 100% behind this hair-brained idea will not surprise you in the least.
9. Cowboys can wear any kind of hat they want. It’s all about the horse anyway.
10. They love their mama. Like nobody’s business.
And, can you even believe that I don’t have one single picture, taken in the last 12 months that could serve as proof of this fact?!
You’re just gonna have to take my word for it.
Have photos to share this week?! Angie and I, voyeurs that we are, wanna see! Link here at the Casa, or over there at the Circus, either way it’s the original Wordful Wednesday just doubled up on the awesome!